UGGGGGGHHHHHH! algebraRegister Today!
- by crs1965 Aug 28, '12Does anyone have any suggestions for the math course? Which text, etc. I've been out of school for 20+ yrs and have forgotten alot of the math. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=778629©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,452 Views
- Aug 29, '12 by tnmarieI too am dreading the math. Do you know what you are using? My plan is to CLEP using the free tutoring offered by Ec and Khan Academy videos along with the REA CLEP book.
- Aug 29, '12 by BarbaraNMQuote from crs1965I did ALEKS Beginning Algebra (College Level), and it really wasn't too bad. I actually finished it in a week, working on it about 32 hours... You can go to their site, get a free trial, and check it out. A paid subscription is $20/month. Once you score 70% or better on an assessment, you pass. I had them send the credits to my ACE transcript, on which I was accumulating credits to submit to Excelsior.Does anyone have any suggestions for the math course? Which text, etc. I've been out of school for 20+ yrs and have forgotten alot of the math. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Don't have a clue yet. I do home health for a special needs child who is taking Algebra I right now so I am paying close attention! My plan is cheap as possible and CLEP. I'll let you know what I do.
- Thanks Barbara. I'll check that out. Do you have to be enrolled to get credit on ACE? I haven't enrolled yet.
- Aug 29, '12 by BarbaraNMQuote from crs1965I haven't enrolled yet, either... you can have any number of credits from various sources added to an ACE transcript, which is what I did. ALEKS Algebra, Penn Foster Info Literacy, Straighterline Eng 101 and Medical Terminology. The cost of the initial registration with ACE is $40, which includes sending one transcript (usually $15 per). I had that sent to Excelsior, which was added to 'My Details' page, under transcripts received.Thanks Barbara. I'll check that out. Do you have to be enrolled to get credit on ACE? I haven't enrolled yet.
Keep in mind, though, that as of Oct 1, there are many big changes to Excelsior's requirements. One of them is a limit on the number of ACE credits for the ADN program... the limit will be 7. Anyone that enrolls before then, however, is not limited.
- Thanks so much for the info...I guess I better get busy then, huh?! I've put this off waaaaayyyyy too long.
- Aug 30, '12 by BarbaraNMQuote from crs1965You and me BOTH!!!! Have you at least applied and sent in your other transcripts for review?Thanks so much for the info...I guess I better get busy then, huh?! I've put this off waaaaayyyyy too long.
- Aug 30, '12 by crs1965Well, I have sent my h.s. and LPN school transcripts and have received acceptance letter. I started this but due to family health issues had to postpone it for awhile and I'm just now getting back into the groove of things. How about you?
- Aug 30, '12 by FLTMedicI'm new to the Allnurses.com website and trying to get started with Excelsior. One of my main questions has been how to get my math credit without having to enroll with a local college. I see you've mentioned ALEKS and ACE...if you don't mind what are they?
Are there alternatives to using the ECE's in Excelsior to get my English credits as well? (Straightliner ENG 101?)
Thanks for any information!