New Jersey Excelsior grads where are you working?Register Today!
- by ladybug28 May 15Hello Everybody! I have finished Excelsior, and today I received my New Jersey License number, yay! It only took them 4 months to process lol
The job search has officially begun. I live in Hudson County, NJ. I was wondering where are the NJ Excelsior grads currently working.
I would just like to get some tips on places that have a history of hiring Excelsior graduates. Thank you!
- 1,611 Views
- May 25 by Elektra6I am working home health for Bayada. I held this job as an LPN so it's not a big deal lol. Good luck in your search!
- May 25 by ladybug28Thank you for your response I will see what I can find. I am officially starting the search after this weekend.
- May 25 by ezhikAnyone else from NJ and with Excelsior degree? I am interested too...
- May 30 by phengroCongratulations! I am from Hudson County, too! Only I have yet to take the CPNE so I could not be of help to you. But you could to me! I am looking for a CPNE workshop close to home. What did you use? Also, did it really take you 4 months to get your license after NCLEX? Can you apply for a job as RN even if they are still in the process of "making" your license provided you have passed the NCLEX already?
- Jun 6 by ladybug28Hello Phengro, let me give you some info on my personal Experience. I took my CPNE December 28th at Saint Peters, in Albany. Passed on ym first attempt with no repeats. I did Sheris Workshop in Atlanta. Worth every penny, I studied a total of 2 months for the CPNE. I did not oficially graduate till February because that was my conferral date. I immediately applied for my ATT, fingerprints etc. The fingerprint instructions came about 2 weeks after I filled out my application. That was easy. Early March got my ATT and tested April 2nd. My score was not reported to the board by pearson vue until April 27th. After that the board told me that technically it can take up to 25 buisness days for them to give you a license number. I did not get mine till May 15th. Last week I actually got the license in the mail. So it took a while to get it all done. Now in terms of jobs, I got calls from two companies: one is a part time position at a hospital (I should have an interview scheduled for next week, I might consider taking it because it is a foot on the door) and another one is with a long term care facility, possibly a supervisor role (going for my second interview tomorrow). I do not want to reveal company names until it is all set and done. Most hospitals are looking for RNs with one year of experience, so I am not opposed to working LTC for a year (it won't kill me it is what I used to do anyways) and then move on to the hospital. So far I am happy with how the search is going.
- Jun 10 by phengroThank you very much, ladybug28, for your very detailed reply. I needed the details because I am currently receiving unemployment benefits and it will end soon. I am hoping that I would graduate before my benefits are exhausted but with the timeline you have shared, I don't thinkk it is possible but at least knowing the timeline gives me an idea on how to plan ahead. Thanks, again!
- Jun 10 by ladybug28I hope everything is ok, just think that you finally get to become an RN! Now, just another update: got two more interviews set up, so that brings it a total of 4 companies I have/had interviews with. 3 are this week. I am filling out an application at Bayada this week.
I will keep you posted on what happens
- Jun 13 by ctcpeteCongrats Ladybug, I'm in Ocean County about to start FCCA in July. Passed LS3 Monday, have a few weeks to de stress hopefully and get my materials ready. Thanks for the info and good luck on the job hunt.
- Jun 14 by phengroWow, that is very encouraging. I can't wait to be an RN. I have been applying for a job for more than a year now and I only had one phone screening which was not even successful