Life Span 1-3 ....
- 1Feb 19, '13 by jlynn167For those of you that have completed LifeSpan 1-3 what materials have you used to study? So far I have been successful with passing all of my exams by only using Studyguide 101, Lisa Arends and the Excelsior practice exams. Will this be sufficient for the Life Span series as well? If not what else do you suggest I use for study material.
- 1Feb 20, '13 by BrillyDI used the textbooks, studygroup101 and saunders - studygroup101 was good for the life span exams - I passed all three. I think the people who said they didn't 'suffice', looks like they took the exams a couple of years ago or so. I got updates on all of mine in november I think, so they are updated and worked well for me.
- 0Feb 20, '13 by natnat122Quote from BrillyDGood to hear, sg101 has worked well for me so far but after seeing the posts (albeit old) I decided to still go along with it but was still nervous. Thanks Brilly!- studygroup101 was good for the life span exams - I passed all three. I think the people who said they didn't 'suffice', looks like they took the exams a couple of years ago or so. I got updates on all of mine in november I think, so they are updated and worked well for me.
- 1Feb 20, '13 by jlynn167Quote from natnat122No, I am taking Chronicity this coming Tuesday and after that I am going to try and complete lifespan 1-3 by May 3rd so I can take the May FCCA. That gives me approx. 20 days per lifespan....wish me luck!I'm using the same except instead of Lisa Arends Im using the nclex saunders review book CD and online flashcard sites.. I've seen some posts saying that sg101 didn't suffice for the LS series. We'll see.. Are you taking LS1 now?
- 0Feb 20, '13 by ozonezgrlI use TCN books for all my exams, and sg101 with some of the exams.... TCN is pretty good.. I took LS1 last year, and got an A... tomorrow i'm taking LS 3 ..... I will let you know if I pass using TCN. I also looked through flashcardexchange.com for lifespan 3. I did pretty good with the excelsior practice exams, but I still feel like i'm not ready at all. =( As much as i'm not ready, I'm done with studying... i'm just hoping for the best tomorrow..
- 3Feb 21, '13 by ozonezgrlThanks jlynn167 and NursePooda =)
I just came back from testing for LS3. I made a B using TCN, practice exams, a bit of sg101, and flashcardexchange.com.
Practice exams scores: 87 and 76 .... highest scores for all practice exams I ever took, I really hoped that I might make an A with these scores but I made a B.... i'm still pleased that I passed
I still have LS2 left ... I skipped this test bc my practice exams scores for this class were horrible.. in the 50s, so I got scared and decide to save it for last... If anyone has any recommendation for this class, please advise me =)
Good luck to you guys too... =)Last edit by ozonezgrl on Feb 21, '13