Just starting out!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Just starting out! in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hello all!! I just ordered my books for my very first class (Health Safety) with Excelsior...by MnLPN123 Jun 25, '12Hello all!!
I just ordered my books for my very first class (Health Safety) with Excelsior College. I'm excited and nervous to begin this new venture. I worked as a Patient Care Technician in a dialysis clinic for 5 years before becoming an LPN this past March. I now work in LTC and absolutely love all of the new things I am learning everyday.
I have a few questions for all of you wonderful nurses that are going through this program or who have already completed:
1) Study tips- where do I find practice tests for this class and what is studygroup101?
2) Did anyone take out a private loan to pay for books, tests, and the large enrollment fee? If so, was it private loan and for how much?
3) If I plan to study for 2 hours every night, how much time between tests should I expect?
4) Any other tips or information that you may have found helpful throughout this program.
Thank you all in advance : )
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=748795©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 810 Views
- Jun 25, '12 by JustBeachyNurseAre you aware that you can take out a payment plan with Excelsior with a very low charge, for the enrollment fee? You can spread the cost over six months. Textbooks can be found for less than the college book store costs on Amazon, half.com, and other sources.
- Jun 25, '12 by czap23Hey,
I just started also. I took Transitions first. I studied a couple hours a night for a month. I used SG101 and the Excelsior Practice tests and I got a B. SG101 is company that sells study guides for Excelsior Nursing exams and other tests. Home
I was a little skeptical, but completely satisfied with the results. I plan on using SG101 and the Excelsior Practice exams for Health Safety. I am going to study 2 hours a night for a 2 weeks then take a practice exam and see where I stand.
Sounds like you have a good plan. My only advice is to stick to it.
- Jun 25, '12 by MnLPN123I didn't know that I could do a payment plan for the enrollment fee....THANK YOU! I am definitely going to do that. I did purchase my textbooks for a heck of a lot cheaper on textbooksrus and amazon. Thanks again for your reply!
- Jun 25, '12 by MnLPN123Good luck to you too! Hopefully we can cheer eachother along through this program! I am going to sign up for SG101, it sounds like it is very useful! Thank you for the reply!
- Jun 26, '12 by mrstookielpnAnother option for the required textbooks is the Excelsior book exchange (not sure if you need to be enrolled to access). I have gotten quite a few materials there for the cost of postage. Ill admit the exchange isn't very active, but if you check back frequently you will ultimately hit pay dirt. A lot of student looking to pay it forward. Good luck everyone.