Excelsior exam: Transition to the Registered Professional nurse RoleRegister Today!
- by sw915 Aug 22, '10I am studying for Excelsior exam: Transition to the Registered Professional Nurse Role. This test is unlike most tests; it is not illness-intervention based. Can anyone how has taken the test (and been successful) advise me to what to look for while studying. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.
- 25,972 Views
- Aug 22, '10 by BetterMeRNRemember important dates and names. I remember having to study roles of RN ASN v. BSN. Follow the content guide, passed this exam with practice exams and TCN. Best.
- Aug 22, '10 by sw915what is TCN ?
- Aug 24, '10 by dstep102570Know the wars and the laws and acts. I took it about a month ago and passed with a B.
- Aug 30, '10 by dstep102570I used TCN module and did the practice exams through EC.
- Dec 14, '10 by denisephi all, I am taking this exam next week. I didn't take the practice exam. Did you all find it helpful? also how many questions is this exam? how much time is allowed?
- Dec 14, '10 by N1colina@ sw915- If it makes you feel any better, this is the only test I have failed with Excelsior It was pretty hard, but I went into it unprepared the first time, and more prepared the second time around and passed it Just memorize the key people and terms, and know the differences between roles of RN, BSN, LPN, unlicensed staff, etc. You can do it! =)
- Dec 16, '10 by little miss redpatchI took this exam a few weeks ago. I would study the major nursing theorists, the nursing associations/organizations, laws, rules of DNRs and delegating things. A lot of it is common sense with some historical and critical thinking questions mixed in. I just used StudyGroup101 along with the practice test and got an A.