Excelsior CPNE workshop vs. Sherri Taylor
- 0Aug 22, '12 by scmitchell_04I will be approaching FCCA next month and then on to CPNE. If anyone has takenCPNE workshop through excelsior or Sherri Taylors please share what you thought about them and your experience. Ive heard about both, just not in great detail... Thanks
- 21,621 Visits
- 3Aug 23, '12 by happydrunkcatI took Sherri Taylor's workshop in Atlanta in December 2009. Passed my CPNE Jan. 11 2010
Sherri is an awesome person with great personality, and she is a fantastic teacher! She is the queen of careplans. I was terrible at first, but she broke the whole thing into small logical pieces. She was helping me with careplans the whole month before my CPNE. She always was available via email if I had any questions. As a result, the longest time I spend writing my careplan during the CPNE was 15 minutes. It was my last pt and I really took my time to make sure everything was ok.
She has videos on her website that you can subscribe to. In my opinion, worth every penny. I was just playing them over and over when my brain could not study anymore )
- 0Aug 29, '12 by nursemami4Sheri Taylor herself is not an excelsior grad, but has been a charge nurse and helped assign pts to excelsior students along with the EC CE/CAs. She has watched the process and is aware of what is expected. Her two faculty staff members are however excelsior grads and one has taken the CPNE twice I believe and graduated in 2009. Both work with Sheri and are present in the workshops from my understanding. I have not attended a workshop yet but have reserved my seat to go! Hope this helps!
- 2Sep 4, '12 by alodociosi am a a recent ec grad, took sheri online workshop, passed cpne first time, no nursing experience. i started ec right after lpn grad and never worked. sheri is great and available to answer and help. her vids for lab are priceless. but also robs cpne mneumonics were a life saver. i cpne'd at grady and went to visit her after i passed. she knew my ce's and the ca and yes some of her staff are ec grads. a friend took ec workshop and failed twice and is prepping for her third try.
- 0Sep 4, '12 by scmitchell_04ok. sounds great. I will be signing up with sherri. Ive heard nothing but good things thus far, so why not. I was thinking about going to grady for my CPNE site but of course have heard bad stories. How did others in your group do? Why do people put bad labels on sites? is it bc they werent prepared, failed, and dont want to take resposibility.
- 3Sep 19, '12 by alodociosit was $150 per month but i cancelled after the first month and i can still go up there today if i wanted to. they never seem to really cancel you they just stop taking your money and let you go for free. i don't know if people know that so i won't say it too loud!
- 1Sep 19, '12 by alodociosexcelsior it think was about $800 , haven't checked in a while though. they also have online workshops for careplanning and documenting. sheri taught me what i needed for careplanning and she and rob were all i needed for documentation, you will basically document your mneumonics.