Excelsior CPNE - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 19, '11 by LunahRNmomto3rn2b, I am so sorry about that 0.69 ... ugh, that's devastating! I can tell you that all the time I've been around (since 2007), I haven't seen Excelsior grant credit for previous nursing courses. The only time they let people out of any of their exams is for the LPNs/LVNs, some of whom get to skip the second nursing exam if they meet certain criteria. It's likely you'll have to take all the nursing exams, but once you take one and know what to expect, you can figure out the best way for you to study and rock them out. The people on this board have been doing test after test lately and are getting it done!
Ultimately, your best bet is to apply to Excelsior and let them tell you which classes/courses you'll need. Welcome to allnurses, and don't hesitate to ask questions!
- Jun 19, '11 by Erin5577mom2rn..
No they didn't accept any of my previous nursing courses. They let me skip one class for being and LPN and they accepted all my prereqs like English, A+P,etc. You can do this, youcame this far!!!! All you need is some encouragement which everyone on this site (myself included) would be more than happy to give you. Take Care and apply to Excelsior, you can do it.
- Jun 19, '11 by Missy77I'm in the same boat as the both of you. I also failed my ADN program. It took me a while to get over my experience in nursing school because I harbored such bad feelings about nursing. All the wasted time, money but I feel I have another chance with EC. I've received so much encouragement and support from this site than I ever did my entire time in nursing school. Hopefully I'll be done with the program before the new year. Best of luck to both of you!
- Jun 24, '11 by Erin5577Thanks Missy!!!!
- Aug 8, '11 by nurselagerHas anyone been to a workshop in Georgia or Florida for the cpne and found it helpful? I found one that sounds pretty confident in themselves but I really like to hear from people who have experienced it. Suggestions anyone.....?
- Jul 26, '12 by josieljgetting ready to study for the CPNE and I am going to take a workshop. I am debating on taking Excelsior's workshop or ex-students workshops. Excelsior told me that their workshops are not teaching workshops but practicing workshops. Has anybody done either, any advice, any good workshops??