CPNE site.Register Today!
- by Diva LOVE May 2, '12Hi guys am new on this site. has anyone tested in TX for the cpne? i live in tx and am not sure of the site. how good is the sheri online workshop? am planning to enroll. help!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=705404©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,268 Views
- May 3, '12 by lvn2rncaliHi there. I took the CPNE in Lubbock, TX and it was fine. Tough, but fine. If you go there, stay at the Baymont Inn. You get luxury for a small amount of money as compared to the not so great places in the same price range. I didn't take Sheri's Online Workshop, but I did buy her book, which was helpful with the Care Plans. I took Rob's CPNE and used that and the Excelsior Study Guide as my main source of studying. Get that Excelsior CPNE DVD and CD, too. I played that CD with the Critical Elements until I couldn't stand it anymore, but it helped tremendously! The DVD was great in helping you know how things will be set up, what to expect. Overall, I had a really great experience in Lubbock. The CE's were nice and in the end, were happy to see you do good (you really don't feel that way at first, though). Good luck!
- May 3, '12 by SWilson213I am studying for the CPNE. Does the Excelsior CPNE show you what they expect you to do? Video instruction on how to pack the wound?! Do they demonstrate? Just trying to figure out whether or not to buy it. I am currently doing the online skills conference and trying to figure out if I want to do more or not.
- May 4, '12 by Diva LOVEThanks for your reply. but how long ago did you test. when you say tough, am afraid. how long did u wait for the date?
- May 4, '12 by TashaLPN2006RN2012Quote from SWilson213***No it is not a "teaching" dvd they expect you to know it yourself, however, i have heard that EC's workshop does "teach" now more than they used to doI am studying for the CPNE. Does the Excelsior CPNE show you what they expect you to do? Video instruction on how to pack the wound?! Do they demonstrate? Just trying to figure out whether or not to buy it. I am currently doing the online skills conference and trying to figure out if I want to do more or not.
- May 4, '12 by TashaLPN2006RN2012Quote from Diva LOVEI tested March 30-April 1 myself and one other girl passed with no repeat PCS's (we both took sherri's workshop and i also did the online workshop), a third girl passed with 2 PCS repeats (she had to do three pcs's total on sunday w/out failing them) and she didn't take any workshop. We were the only three to pass out of 7 total testers. One girl didnt even come back on saturday AM because she failed all 4 of her labs and had never heard of a Grid, mnemonics, etc.Thanks for your reply. but how long ago did you test. when you say tough, am afraid. how long did u wait for the date?
Really each person must decide the best route for cpne studying. I needed someone to basically lay out all the basic steps then used my study guide from EC to put them against in order for me to make sense of it (i'm a visual learner) so I loved her workshop, plus the one on one support and careplan practice she offers you.
I have heard people online rave about Rob's CPNE DVDs, i got one, didn't like it myself as there were many mistakes (i could have been given an older one too so who knows) but it did give me some insight on ideas of how to set up my own mock pcs in my house.
I have also heard of people doing EC's workshop and loving it now, as it's been "teaching" the labs and helpful hints/tips that I am guessing previously people didnt get from the workshop so maybe they have made it better if they were losing out to third party places. Iknow in my workshop there were two people who said they took EC's workshop, failed their CPNE and were then taking Sheri's. that was last year though and so far this year i've heard their workshop is much much better.
look at all your options then decide what the best route is for you!
I applied for CPNE in december, and called the end of Jan or begining of feb to inquire about cancellation dates and was given the end of March so total from time of applying it took 3mo to my actual test date. I have heard of some getting 4-6 mo later. they may have made a special consideration for me as my husband is military and we are slated to move june/july (when i probably would have been given a date) so i showed proof of our impending move, and she asked me when i would like to test...i had put i'd be ready by feb 15, but i specifically asked if she had anything 30 march and I ended up with Grady Hospital in Atlanta!
- May 6, '12 by Diva LOVETasha thanks for taking your time to reply me. i just got a date and site is st mary hospital. i think i will do sheri onilne.