Advice for sociology and life span psychologyRegister Today!
- by PASSIONTOBERN Jan 7Hi,
I need advice for sociology and life span pshycology classes.I do not have any experience for CLEP.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=806554©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 740 Views
- Jan 7 by BrillyDThe CLEP fact sheets have a list of books you can use to study for each exam. Using the list check the library, used book stores, Amazon, eBay for the book - I always check the books to see if they have companion websites that have free quizzes, which seems to help me learn the subject better.
On Life Span development / Human Growth - they recommend the same book as excelsior so I also got the excelsior content guide syllabus and used that to study. You then need to check the test center and find your closest test center, usually a college, and contact them on their testing schedule and fees information on how to schedule. Then start reading, taking notes and do all of the end of chapter questions. Studygroup101 has a good study guide for life span for $10 that you can use, it has lots of quiz questions. I think the CLEP exams are really good option for alot of exams and you can save so much money that way - hope that helps bril
Clep - Intro to Sociology
Clep - Human Growth & Development
Test Center search
- Jan 7 by tnmarieI recommend the REA study guide for both subjects. That is how I did them. Used the REA, studied for about two weeks and passed with no problems. Good luck!
- Jan 7 by kristandrewsI read Cliff's Notes books to prepare for CLEP tests, and passed them every time!
- Jan 7 by PASSIONTOBERNHi tnmarie,
I checked on Amazon about REA study guide.Did you get them from Amazon?
- Jan 8 by tnmarieYes, I got mine from Amazon:
REA Sociology Study Guide
REA Developmental Psych (Human Growth and Development) aka Life Spans :-)
- Jan 8 by PASSIONTOBERNThanks a lot tnmarie