GROUP HOMERegister Today!
- by rachel33138 Mar 11, '10does anyone have info on how to start a group home and about the billing?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=461686©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,526 Views
- Mar 12, '10 by elkparkHave you talked to your state licensing agency yet? That would be the place to start. In order to start and operate a group home (or any kind of healthcare service), you will have to meet the regulations and requirements necessary for you to get a state license to operate. The agency is called something different in every state , but it's usually a division of your state Dept. of Health and Human Services (or whatever that's called in your state ).
If you contact them, they can provide the applicable rules/regs and discuss with you what steps you'll have to take to get licensed. Best wishes.
- Mar 12, '10 by rachel33138Thank you for your reply….
Yes I have, the problem I have is that I don’t see how to make profit out of it . No matter how I calculate it. I also would like to know if Medicaid/ Medicare would re-reimburse any part of the services.
- Mar 17, '10 by GeriatrxRNIn michigan medicaid recently approved a program that supplements what a person with low income can afford to pay ( ie using their ssi check). Check what programs your state has. I work as an RN assessor for Area Agency on Aging which is why i know this. Also what kind of figures were you using where this wouldn't be lucrative?
- Mar 18, '10 by rachel33138Thank you so much for your reply…..I will call first thing in the morning to find out.
I was planning to charge between $2500-3000, that’s about what being charge here in south florida.