Pediatric DialysisRegister Today!
- by RNDialysis80 Jul 17, '12Hello Everyone!!! Could someone help me: I want to know from those pediatric dialysis nurses out there, what hemodialysis machine are you using for Peds, Gambro Phoenix or Fresenius K, and why do you choose one over the other?
Any help is appreciated!!!!! Thanks!!!
- Jul 17, '12 by Tish88I am not a PEDS dialysis nurse, but I know the children's hospital in our area uses the Fresenius K machines.
I have used the Phoenix and the K's and I HATE the phoenix machines!!!!
- Jul 31, '12 by RNDialysis80Thanks for the information!!!
- Jul 31, '12 by tryingtohaveitallWe use Gambro. Sorry, I don't remember why they were chosen over others but we have received good support from the company and it works well on kids of all sizes.
- Aug 3, '12 by RNDialysis80Thanks everyone!!! I will be starting a new PEDS outpatient unit soon and we will be getting the Fres.K's. Any info on Peds in dialysis would be great!!!
- Aug 20, '12 by WarEagle4LifeThe facility I used to work for used Fresenius 2008K. It has the Peds mode and can be converted to neonatal.