Dialysis nursingRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Dialysis nursing in Dialysis / Renal / Urology, part of Nursing Specialties ... i took the $2400 dialysis course (1 week long) and was pretty much promised it would be "easy" to...by joanitee May 26, '11
i took the $2400 dialysis course (1 week long) and was pretty much promised it would be "easy" to land a position. well, it isn't. does anyone know of a dialysis facility (chronic) that will hire a non-icu nurse who did very well in the course, but most experience has been ambulatory surgery perioperative and instructor. i really loved the course and looked forward to finding a job. i live in the chicago area. thanks.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=571187©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 12,225 Views
- May 27, '11 by BiffbradfordWhat part of Chicago? Honestly, you don't need ICU training to work in chronic dialysis.
- May 27, '11 by joaniteeWell, that's good news. I've applied to Davita probably 8 times and Fresenius about that many and no answer. Somehow I don't think they're that in need of nurses. I would so love to get into dialysis but I just can't get a break. I'm actually in the northwest suburbs..Arlington Heights/Palatine area. Thanks for your interest.
- May 27, '11 by BiffbradfordOh, just curious. Well, I've got the ICU experience and had a job in chronic dialysis but quit for a number of reasons, but for one they need more 'case managers' than analytic thinkers, so it just wasn't my cup of tea. Was hoping to get into acute dialysis, but now they've got me turned off on the whole deal. Anyway, at least around here, there is hiring going on in dialysis, so hang in there!
- May 27, '11 by Tish88You don't need ICU experience to work in chronic hemodialysis units.
You indicated you applied at Davita and FMC - did they actually have open positions or was you just submitting an application?
- May 27, '11 by joaniteeThey actually had jobs openings listed on careerbuilder.com and simplyhired.com searches. That's how I applied. They will not answer phone calls so your only course of action is the online path. Very discouraging. To anyone out there trying the same, please let me know if you were successful and how you did it. Thanks for any help.
- May 28, '11 by uberdialysisnurseI just landed a dialysis nurse job with Davita. I had a very good resume, new alot about the company, did 5 interviews, and shadowed at 5 clinics, and have 14 years critical care experience. It took 5 clinics to find a good fit for me, and I love it. They sent me to theory class for a week. Be flexable, and persistent, because then they know you are going to continue to work for them for a long time. Hope my experience helps....=]
- Jun 10, '11 by madwife2002I have no problem getting interviewed with DaVita I just havent found the right job.
ARA are recruiting
CDC are recruiting in Ohio
Fresenius are always looking
I would just keep trying
- Jun 12, '11 by 3cdn1usaI would do a walk in. When I was a manager, I was told to always accept a nurse resume as we are not as easy to find as oppose to a tech. If I didn't need one I would then talk with one of my sister units in need. Now that was in 2007. I do see CMs talking to walk in nurses. There is def need, at least in NC. So keep at em! Good Luck