Traveling correctional nurse??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Traveling correctional nurse?? in Correctional Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Just got the thinking. Do you think itís possible to make a career of being a traveling...by NorCalKid Oct 14, '12Just got the thinking. Do you think itís possible to make a career of being a traveling correctional nurse? What I mean is bounce around the country living as a traveling nurse just taking correctional contracts. Are there a lot of these contracts available, enough to make a career of? Thanks for the help. Iím still in school, just kinda wondering.
Mods if you think this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=792080©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,190 Views
- Oct 15, '12 by 240zRNI don't think you would be able to find work regularly enough as a traveling correctional nurse. I only know of some agencies in CA that staff RNs in the prisons/jails here but I have never heard of traveling agencies specializing in correctional nursing assignments.
- When I was vacationing in Hawaii I actually met some local nurses at breakfast buffet. They said they would love to have travelers in their county jail. I think you'll have to do some checking but I'll bet it's possible. Good luck!
- Dec 27, '12 by lmburtonYes, give me send me a PM and I can give you some contact information
- I will do the same if you don't mind. Thanks!
- Dec 27, '12 by lmburton
- Dec 27, '12 by wyogypsyTry Supplemental Staffing, I have worked for them in the past and they were great to work for. I am not sure about experience needed as I have many years of correctional experience, but it is worth checking out!
- Thanks. I have a few years until I can travel 8 years correctional experience.