Traveling correctional nurse??Register Today!
- by NorCalKid Oct 14, '12Just got the thinking. Do you think itís possible to make a career of being a traveling correctional nurse? What I mean is bounce around the country living as a traveling nurse just taking correctional contracts. Are there a lot of these contracts available, enough to make a career of? Thanks for the help. Iím still in school, just kinda wondering.
Mods if you think this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.
- Oct 15, '12 by 240zRNI don't think you would be able to find work regularly enough as a traveling correctional nurse. I only know of some agencies in CA that staff RNs in the prisons/jails here but I have never heard of traveling agencies specializing in correctional nursing assignments.
- When I was vacationing in Hawaii I actually met some local nurses at breakfast buffet. They said they would love to have travelers in their county jail. I think you'll have to do some checking but I'll bet it's possible. Good luck!
- Dec 27, '12 by lmburtonYes, give me send me a PM and I can give you some contact information
- I will do the same if you don't mind. Thanks!
- Dec 27, '12 by lmburton
- Dec 27, '12 by wyogypsyTry Supplemental Staffing, I have worked for them in the past and they were great to work for. I am not sure about experience needed as I have many years of correctional experience, but it is worth checking out!
- Thanks. I have a few years until I can travel 8 years correctional experience.