does prison hire new grad RNRegister Today!
This is a discussion on does prison hire new grad RN in Correctional Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I know prision does hire new grad lvn, i've been lvn for 2 and half yrs, never been worked in...by bluesky197868 Aug 8, '11I know prision does hire new grad lvn, i've been lvn for 2 and half yrs, never been worked in prision, and recently just got my rn, i was wondering does CA prison hire new grad rn?? thanksss for your help
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=602449©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,894 Views
- Aug 10, '11 by chulada77Depends on the prison. There are quite a few postings on here from CA nurses saying that they are new RNs and getting hired by the prison.
I would think your lvn experience makes you a shoe-in. Your a experienced professional new grad.
- Aug 11, '11 by Two ShedsThey do here in S.C. I just graduated and passed my NCLEX-RN this past June and I heard about some RN openings at the local prison. I called for an interview and was hired on the spot! They even give you 5 sets of scrubs a year. :-) Good luck!
- Aug 11, '11 by bluesky197868Thanks you guys, I actually now is working at prison only for 2 weeks ( still at orientation stage) as LVN through registry, i hope this will give me a little advantage of getting into state prison as RN. And I just did online RN assessment test, I got 85%, alot of job assessment questions falls under LVN scope of practice and I've done it for so many times. I hope I will do a good job in prison, and they will give me a RN position
- Aug 12, '11 by Two ShedsHow are enjoying it so far? I hated working in a "regular" hospital during school clinicals so I'm really looking forward to something unconventional like this. The other hospitals can take their politicking, "clients," and JCAHO and shove it.
- Aug 12, '11 by bluesky197868hello two sheds, after two weeks training, i really love it...i like hospital too, but after this, i dont wanna go back to hospital anymore. Since i got hired as lvn, so i have to pass meds at the window, but i dont want to forget bout my RN skills, so i volenteer to help out at triage room where i can observe how RNs do their work, how they take care of critically ill patient, thats a great experience.. and hopfully i will work my way up and get to that position and hired by state
- Aug 13, '11 by Two ShedsIt sounds like you have a very positive attitude and love what you're doing! It's not everyone's cup of tea, but, as you said, I could never again work in a "regular" hospital again!
- Aug 13, '11 by dalgalInterview lasted almost 4 hours!! Still waiting to hear! Some of my questions were pretty common: tell me about your personality, how do you handle stress, how do you handle manipulation ...etc... good luck to everyone in the job search!
- Aug 13, '11 by bluesky197868dalgal, your interview was for RN or LVN? and how many percentage did you get when you finished your online self assessment? because i did my RN online assessment, and only got 85% and was wondering if i'm going to receive any inquire letter or not with 85%.. thanks