Correctional Nursing Salary - Page 6Register Today!
- Jun 22, '10 by KIMRNNYCQuote from bsweilrnYou are at work now? I have not heard of a correctional facility that allows electronic gadgets or email. Big security risk, at least, they think so in New York State.I left staff nursing in Major ER/trauma center to go to corrections.
I have been here ~9mo, and make ~50K annually. I have 15 yrs of experience, and a BSN.
The pay is ~2K less base pay than hospital, but good differentials and vacation time.
Also the pace is much slower. (I am at work now)
But RN's(at least here) are treated the same as LPN's and Medical assistance with only a few exceptions.
Pretty mindless work for the pay.
- Jun 28, '10 by BILLIE39Well I take my hat off to those nurses who work in correctional facilities all over America - particularly the maximum security prisions. You must be very tough indeed.
- Jul 25, '10 by kharrisrnbsnI'm in Maryland, and work for CMS. As an RN my base is 31/h, but I work evenings and make 38/h, nights is 41/h. When I worked nights at the hospital I made about 30/h. The autonomy is great, the potential to have emergency siutations is exciting, and I'm one of those that has just honed my clinical skills even more by having to draw my own blood, do my own EKGs, etc.....I hope to work here for a long time.
- Aug 2, '10 by XB9SThis thread is so far off topic I have closed it.
It will be reopened later today after a clean up
- Aug 2, '10 by XB9SThis thread has been off topic for quite a while. It was started in 2006 so I've decided to leave it closed
If you want to discuss salaries can I suggest that a new thread is started