Correctional agency nurse,plsss help!!!!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Correctional agency nurse,plsss help!!!!!! in Correctional Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I got hired through agency to work in vacaville state prision starting next wk. I'm gonna have my...by bluesky197868 Jul 23, '11I got hired through agency to work in vacaville state prision starting next wk. I'm gonna have my orientation for bout 4 to 5 wks. That's gonna b everday from 8 to 5. Soooooo...... Which means I have to give up my other jobs for this prision job. My questions are
1. Am I gonna get lots hrs to work in prision after I'm done with my orientation? Since I have to give up my other two part time jobs for this one.
2. If my work performance is good, am I gonna have a chance to get hired by vacavlle prision directly through state? Since my name is already in prision system, my rank is 2.
This is a real hard decision to make , can anyone help me plssssss? I really.appreciated. Btw, my agency made it sound like they need lots lvns, and I can work many hrs..... Is.that true? Help me pls.....I'm really lost at this point!!!!!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=594927©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 962 Views
- Jul 23, '11 by MALENURSE50hey-- i work in a correctional facility on li and let me tell you if you do a job good at the prison and show that you are a team player, you will get the keys to the jail. i know--- i did!!!!! good luck get back to me for more info....or if you just want to talk
- Jul 23, '11 by bluesky197868Hello malenurse, thank u very much for ur reply. That's my plan, work hard in prision , and hopfully prision can hire me directly. Do u know does agency nurse gets lots of hrs working in prision ? btw, ru saying u got hired by state when u were working as an agency nurse? Or u were saying u have seen things
Like this happened before?
Thanks again !!!!!
- Jul 27, '11 by markpdavidI am on my 3rd day of agency RN correctional facility orientation have been told agency nurses more times than not get 40hrs/wk and several opportunities for overtime for CNAs/LVNs/RNs. Its a great opportunity and giving up other jobs is a risk with the possibility of gaining a great permanent job or at least great experience. I jumped at the chance. I will update with my experience after a couple of months of working at prison here in Southern California.