Any RN's in Michigan working corrections?Register Today!
- by Wellness Nurse May 9, '08I am interviewing with the Michigan Department Of Corrections in 2 1/2 weeks. Does anybody work there and could give me some pointers on how the interview might be like?
- May 22, '08 by karbyrThey made my life a living hell for about 4 years. Was in the upper peninsula, might make a difference.....................maybe
They were federally ordered to have a review due to inmates dying of neglect...........lots of problems, might want to read what the reviewers found.
- Aug 4, '08 by aicfanI work at a county jail in mi. and love it. We are still county employees not contract and I think that makes a difference.
- Oct 7, '08 by John20Is the pay rate higher than the hospitals in Michigan? I am a student right now and have some experience with law enforcement from earlier in life so I think I have thick enough skin to handle prisoners again.
Just curious. Thanks.
- Aug 22, '12 by eyknoughQuote from Wellness NurseI have been working in the Jackson area for a couple of years. The interview isn't too tough. They'll give you a couple "what would you do if...." questions. Just remember infection control and patient safety and you'll do well.I am interviewing with the Michigan Department Of Corrections in 2 1/2 weeks. Does anybody work there and could give me some pointers on how the interview might be like?
It's a good place to work for me. I guess it's different for each facility, but it pays the bills. The pay is better than the equivalent position in a hospital.
Be aware and be safe, it's a prison.