What items do you need to transfer a RN license from NY to CT?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What items do you need to transfer a RN license from NY to CT? in Connecticut Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... What documents/items do you need to transfer a Registered Nurse License from New York to...by ilove Jun 21, '11What documents/items do you need to transfer a Registered Nurse License from New York to Connecticut? I recently passed my exam that I took in a different city but now I want to transfer that License to where I live. Is it hard for a new RN with no experience to find a job in CT?
Also, any advice on how I could possibly land on a job as a new RN would be appreciated?
Thanks for the help!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=581643©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,320 Views
- Jun 21, '11 by SitcomNurseI would think you need to call the BON in CT. But I ahve never transferred a licence, I am just thinking thats where I would start.
Good luck in your new state!
- Jun 21, '11 by iloveWell I have and already lived in CT my whole life. I was just attending a Princeton Review in Wisconsin. Do you need to send in a college transcript because I have already attempted the NCLEX RN in CT several times. Thanks for your help!
- Jun 21, '11 by highlandlass1592You should contact the BON directly and ask what their process entails.
- Jun 21, '11 by Silverdragon102Check the BON website out and see what is required to endorse license
- Aug 9, '11 by ilovei did check and it says u need a copy of the nursing education. im a foreign graduate do i need to call my school or will CT BON get it from my school automatically
- Aug 9, '11 by Silverdragon102You need to check with the BON as most require you to meet requirements as if applying initially and if a CES report is required you have to arrange for transcripts to be sent to CGFNS along with your application and any other documents CGFNS require
- Aug 9, '11 by kusiniYou need to call your school and have then send it directly. I just finished the process a couple of weeks ago
- Aug 10, '11 by iloveBut the state of ct already has it since i tested there already
- Aug 10, '11 by Silverdragon102Quote from iloveThen I suggest you contact them as they should already have paperworkBut the state of ct already has it since i tested there already