UCONN MEIN 2012-2013 - page 2
by alaboringstart 28,914 Views | 110 Comments
Hi everyone...anyone :-)Anyone applying or applied for UCONN for the 2013 MEIN class? Looking for others to share the nail-bitting experience with!!... Read More
- 0Jul 11, '12 by uconn2013I had trouble getting in touch with the admissions office as well. But they ended up replying to my second email saying that my file had been reviewed and that I would receive a letter in a few days. Which I did...I will be going to the UCONN campus :-) congratulations to everyone that got in, and good luck to those that are still working on their applications
- 0Jul 16, '12 by antd113Hi all, I sent in all of my application stuff end of June, and have yet to hear back. I'm beginning to get nervous! After reading these posts, and seeing that almost eveyone has heard back, I contacted almost everyone at the Nursing Admissions office, including all the MEIN contacts. Still have yet to hear back from anyone -_-. Does anyone have a contact that they could message to me that maybe got back to them the quickest?
- 0Jul 17, '12 by alaboringstartHi Uconn2013! Congrats on getting in!! Which campus (since they're all UCONN :-) ?Welcome to the forum antd113!! Do you recall when you sent all of your documentation (meaning before June 30)? Perhaps the delay in their response is due to the holiday. :-/ From what I can tell, they do take some time in responding. As far as contacts, the only ones I know are listed on the MEIN website. :-( I know how you feel & hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!!
- 0Jul 19, '12 by uconn2013Yes I will be attending the Storrs campus. Sorry, I must have overlooked that when writting my last post. The answering machine for the MEIN program states to contact ******, after 2 attempts she did reply to my email. Just be persistant you will get a response.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 24, '12 : Reason: name removed as per Terms of Service
- 0Jul 23, '12 by antd113Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting in contact with someone (to be honest, I'm not sure who they are, never saw their name on any MEIN contact stuff, etc), and she confirmed all my materials were recieved, and she would get back to me at the end of next week, which didn't happen. I'm going to start to get more persistent like you suggest.
I sent in my materials around June 20th, and recieved confirmation that I was all set for review, but then heard nothing for the past 3+ weeks, so I'm getting nervous. UCONN's my first choice, and I really want to start planning my fall/next year (I know I seem I'm getting ahead of myself).
Congratulations to everyone who has heard back and has gotten in! I'm hoping to join you all soon enough. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
- 0Jul 24, '12 by nme1217Hi antd113- ******* was very helpful. Have you emailed her rather than calling? I totally understand wanting/needing to know ASAP so you can plan ahead! For me,I'm out of state and need to move during december most likely, so i was realllly nervous while waiting to hear back! I would definitely suggest emailing *** if you haven't already. But, I'm sure you will be fine! I bet your application was received the week or so right before the deadline and I would imagine thats when there is a big influx in applications being sent in. I think you will be fine! What are your campus preferences?Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 25, '12 : Reason: see next post
- 0Jul 25, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminCan i just remind everyone on Terms of Service and not to post names of personal on your nursing course or establishment
Please do not give out personal information about others. Do not name names where anyone could identify the person in any facility including your nursing programs.
Terms of Service for Nurses | Nursing Students
- 0Jul 26, '12 by antd113Thanks for all of your advice! I heard back yesterday and I got into the Storrs campus! I'm so excited!! Storrs was my first choice, with Stamford as my second. I would commute to Stamford, but I felt that since Storrs is getting that new simulation lab the nursing school is taking a reboot, it would pay off with the new technology up there. I'm pumped and now I can start planning for 2013!