Question regarding Naugatuck grad rate?Register Today!
- by Nevada_RN Jan 7, '10Hello there,
I am applying to NVCC for Fall 2010. Are there any NVCC nursing students or grads out there that can tell me what the graduation rate at the NVCC or other CT community colleges are? The local school in my home state of Nevada graduates less than 50% of its class - which kinda scares me away from the program. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
- Jan 9, '10 by mattfd37Most of the schools here have a good % rate. I have a friend at NVCC whos ready to graduate and she started with 130 students and is only down to 90. And this is under the new criteria so theres no info on NVCC passing % for the NCLEX. Prior, it was like 98%.
- Apr 28, '10 by CTRNTOBEGraduated NVCC in 2009. We started witj 110, picked up 10 LPN's in the summer and graduated 89. Our NCLEX 1st time pass rate kinda stunk; don't know how as NCLEX is the easiest test you will ever take. Good program run by mostly "evil" instructors (the really good ones know who they are). You will learn a ton and NVCC grads are sought after by all CT Hospitals.
- Apr 28, '10 by mattfd37What hospital do you work at?
- May 8, '10 by Looking4ward2bRNHi CRNTOBE. I'm currently in the Norwalk CC nursing program thinking of transferring to NVCC, would you please expound on what you meant about "evil" instructors? Are these "evil" ones also your preceptors or are they mostly confined in the lecture halls? Are the "evil" ones exceptionally competent? Because then that would make a difference. I wouldn't mind being terrorized by people whom I know are really bright and worth their salt, and as long as their main intent is to train you to be as good as (if not better than) them. But if they are being "evil" just for the heck of it, then that would suck big time. Which hospitals do you go to for your clinical experience? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Mattfd37, would you ask your friend at NVCC, too, for other inputs? What's the uniform, lecture and clinical schedule? What are the textbooks? I'm going on my 3rd semester this Fall 2010. Thanks!