new school RN new gradRegister Today!
This is a discussion on new school RN new grad in Connecticut Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... HI all Just asking for some constructive criticism here............ new grad RN, new job as school...by rdsxfnrn Oct 14, '09HI all
Just asking for some constructive criticism here............ new grad RN, new job as school nurse. Flying by the seat of my pants at this point. I think I have figured out the basic paperwork, HCP's, etc, so I guess my question is......... why is there so much downtime? I know it sounds like I am complaining, but I am not. I just want to be very sure I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. I KNOW I am fortunate to have this job and I just want to do the best I can. Any help would be appreciated! newRN
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=431342©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,088 Views
- Oct 18, '09 by mattfd37Downtime with what? Stuff to do? If that's the case you're a school Nurse what did you expect? I talked to one of my wifes co-workers whos a school Nurse all the time. She passes out meds when needed, talks with concerned parents and deals with the 'I'm not feeling well' kids. In my opinion after listening to her stories, it's a very boring job that is reserved for Nurses who are ready to retire. She has over 500 elementary kids and she says its a very very low key kind of job. If you're bored wait for the economy to pick up and find something that is going to simulate your Nursing mind. I know you have to take what you can get right now and I would do the same but hey it's getting cold and kids will start getting runny noses. Maybe try calling the other school Nurses in the district and see if they do any kind of workshops for parents or make some posters about personal hygene or ask the Principle if he/she has any ideas on what they would like to see. You'll be fine.
- Oct 20, '09 by rdsxfnrnnature of the beast i guess, some days very busy, some snoozeville......... happy to be working tho. this site helps..........
- Oct 26, '09 by ReneRN56Hi,
I'm a new grad who is about to accept a school nurse position and I'm super nervous is there anything you suggest or any books/resources available I can use as research. What are your thoughts as far as being a new grad and becoming a school nurse? Thanks in advance
- Oct 27, '09 by rdsxfnrntake the job and go from there. alot of it is learn as you go. you will be overwhelmed but just ask me if you have any ????, i prob just figured out what you are trying to figure out. lol we r having a flu issue right now... just lovely.
- Oct 27, '09 by rdsxfnrnbtw, where r u? im in ct