Bridgeport school of Nursing: Fall of 2011 - page 5
by jdoll 4,983 Views | 48 Comments
Hi everyone, Well, BHSN begins accepting applications very soon. I am going to send mine in by the end of the week. Last year, I waited til the end and was wait-listed, and then the program was full before they got to me. I... Read More
- 0May 1, '11 by ORnurseCTI sent an email last week. I am waiting to see how much if any, so I can decide between GWCC and BHSN. It's not looking good for BHSN though. I can't afford the full tuition and I don't want loans at 43. If I don't hear soon or its a low amount I am withdrawing my acceptance.
- 0May 1, '11 by HighlyBlessedRNI was accepted to NCC but for the Spring semester due to lack of space. But I'm not sure what I was awarded yet. I read on one of these threads the most you will get from BHSN is 5,500 and that is what I received in loans. I called to ask about any additional aide and was told there was none, which sucks no grants or scholarships. I already have loans from my first degree and with the rise in tuition at BHSN Im not sure if I will be able to attend, even though it was my first choice.
- 0May 2, '11 by ORnurseCTI got an email back. Something about a lot of applications and please be patient. I have withdrawn my acceptance to BHSN, its a little sad, I was hoping to do the accelerated program. I just can't turn down the sweet deal I got at GWCC. Someone on the wait-list will be excited though.
- 0May 2, '11 by HighlyBlessedRNHow do you know about the financial aid you received at GWCC already? I want to check what I received from NCC even though I would be scheduled to start in the Spring instead of the Fall as anticipated.
I was looking forward to the accelerated program as well as the additional clinical time with the potential to be hired after graduation.
- 0May 9, '11 by HighlyBlessedRNMines was all gov't loans smh it's sooo ridiculous and I'm so upset. They provide small scholarships during your second semester but they are really small amounts that you have to apply for. I really would love to go to BHSN but the money is a major issue for me right now.