University of Colorado accelerated BSN summer 2013 - Page 5Register Today!
- Mar 7 by KAR813I will confirm that Aurora isn't the greatest in the are surrounding UCH. The nicer parts are in the southeast portion of the city (Southlands that I mentioned earlier is in that area). There are two neighborhoods just west of UCH that are newer and on the nicer / safer side, but they're mostly houses (at least when I moved away ~18mo ago). Stapleton is to the west and northwest and Lowry is to the southwest. Stapleton is built where DIA use to be and Lowry is built on the former Lowry AFB and there are some buildings that are in the old hangars. (Both of these neighborhoods are in the area of Colfax and Quebec roughly if that helps at all...not sure if it does). I would also recommend trying to stay away from Montbello too.
If there are any other neighborhood questions, just ask. I lived downtown for two years, by the airport for another two, and worked all over the metro Denver area.
- Mar 11 by hsanteando, have you found an apartment?
- Mar 12 by eandohsant,
no i haven't yet ><
- Mar 12 by eandoKAR813
thank you so much for posting this information for us!
- Mar 13 by KAR813No problem! I wish I could have remembered the name of the decent apartment complexes that our USAF buddies lived in (and the bad ones too) while we were all stationed there. Googling Buckley AFB apartments or something similar might help too since base is just a few miles east of UCH. Don't hesitate to ask about places on the area - I learned the hard way to ask around about housing in Denver. I ended up living in an OKish area downtown, however the longer I lived there the more I found reasons to move...do miss the Soopers a block away though.
Enjoy your time there and take a little time out to enjoy the area - there's ALWAYS something to do.
- Mar 15 by hsanteando, there is an apartment complex near green valley ranch , lakecrest at gateway.
- Mar 18 by eandohsant,
thank you for letting me know i checked it out but i think green valley ranch is a bit too far since i don't have a car, but thank you!!
- Mar 21 by eandodoes anybody know when the financial aid packet will arrive for the summer start program?
- Mar 23 by oceanblue52Hi eando, I have been poking every corner of the CU website and believe I read something about them being issued in May. A bit tricky for us out-of-state people trying to secure loans and apartments! I'm visiting next week to look for a place and think I will stop by the campus to drop off my immunization records...maybe I can hit up the Financial Aid office too and get a more definitive answer. I'll keep you posted!
- Mar 23 by eandoOceanblue52,
Thank you! If you find out any info please let me know