I need a family reunion spotRegister Today!
- by Rustyhammer Sep 24, '03I'm in charge of finding a spot to hold a family reunion for next summer.
The ideal place will have tent spots, RV, and cabins and be Mt orientated.
A river close by would be great!
I'd like the spot to be no further North than Salida as that is convienant for families from Co. and New Mexico both.
The Lake City area is pretty nice.
I also like the Durango, Pagosa area.
- 1,805 Views
- Sep 28, '03 by cwazycwissyRNHi Rusty
http://www.coloradodirectory.com/bearadise/ this is at leveta, so not quite in the mountains yet. close but not quite.
http://www.coloradodirectory.com/yellowpineranch/ this is just east of cuchara. I am biased towards the cuchara area. I love it there. I was married in the chapel in cuchara a couple of years ago. The wedding party was housed here at the yellow pine ranch. Each family could have their own private little cabin. It is just a stones throw from the one block long main street of cuchara. If you have never been to the dog bar in cuchara you just gotta go. Every thing there is so down to earth, not commercialized yet. I know there is a campground just above bear lake but can not seem to find any info on it. I do know it is beautiful there. The campground we stayed at for 20 some years was closed down several years ago, I do not think it has been reopened. It was between cuchara and the resort, on the hiway. It set along side the cuchara river.
http://www.coloradodirectory.com/goodnightcabins/ this is in the south fork area, my husband elk hunts in this region. It is a pretty mountainous area with several different camping areas.
Good luck with your planning Rusty, Hope this helps out a little Cwissy
- Sep 29, '03 by RustyhammerCwissy,
Thanks so much.
I don't know why I didn't think of Cuchara.
I love it there!
I'm going to give these guys a call.
Centrally located, Mts, *bar close by* and I have been to that bar before.
I appreciate it.
- Sep 29, '03 by cwazycwissyRNDrat now I am homesick to go to cuchara oh well I will have to remind myself if will be getting really chilly up there this time of year..:chuckleLast edit by cwazycwissyRN on Sep 29, '03
- Sep 29, '03 by cwazycwissyRNMy husband, son and I caught our limit of trout here at bear lake last year at the end of summer. You have to time it right, sometime nothing is biting.
- Oct 4, '03 by nellie_nurse812Rusty, I live in Gunnison and it is near the mountains and Blue Mesa Reservoir. There is a place called East Elk Creek campground. It can only be reserved for group camping. Plenty of places for campers, tents, ect. It is directly across from the lake and very private and quiet. We x country ski into it during the winter and hike it in the summer. Beautiful country....nellie