Denver School of Nursing - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 30, '10 by oxojoyoxo2To those that took the HESI, how was it?
- Mar 30, '10 by 2BJenurseI would love to know this too? I've taken the TEAS and didn't study for it, and got an 82%. if anyone has taken both, would you say it's similar and can I study from the teas study guide or better off getting the HESI study guide. This time I would like to get the book in advanced and study for it, If anyone is interested in selling their book, please let me know. That is, if I get an interview on Thurs morning--- getting nervous about calling in, I keep dream about it at night, that' how I know I'm anxious. Is anyone else calling in? It's 9am Colorado time, which is 8am California time, is anyone else calling from Cal?
- Mar 30, '10 by oxojoyoxo2I'm calling from Cali! I'm anxious too, even if it's just to set up an appt!
- Mar 30, '10 by 2BJenurseoxojoyoxo2- Best of luck to you, let me know how it goes, and I'll do the same. I'm calling from San Francisco and you? Even though it's just a phone call, It's still a little nerve wracking- Are you applying other places? I've been waiting to find out if I get through to see whether or not I'll apply to 1 or 6 other places, I'll still apply to a couple other places to keep my options open. I think I'm just waiting to see if DSON pass the NLN accreditation, which is important to coming back to california to work, I think. Although, I did talk to the California Board of Nursing representative last week and he said that as long as the school that I complete my nursing program from is eligible to take the NCLEX in the state completed(state approved), I am able to transfer my licsense to california. I asked about accreditations and he said it didn't matter as long as the "their" particular state qualifies them to take the boards. I still need to investigate more, so I'm 100% sure, but I think where it will really hit me, is if DSON doesn't get their NLN and I later want to get my Master in nursing, then many doors may be shut, because they require an regional or nationally accrediteted school- the two are still a bit confusing to me, but I'm doing my research any insight?
- Mar 31, '10 by oxojoyoxo22BJenurse- Thanks! Good luck to you as well! I'm calling from Riverside. The only other school I applied to is in Boston. I tried applying to cal states last year...with all the budget cuts, that was obviously a no go. I was super iffy about the accreditation too but heard they should pass no later than the end of the year. I can see how frustrating that could be if you're planning to get your Masters. Let's just cross our fingers!!u
- Apr 1, '10 by 2BJenurseoxox- did you get through? if so, when is your interview. I got through at 9:07, and scheduled for April 22nd. Pretty excited about the whole thing! Hope you got through!
- Apr 4, '10 by oxojoyoxo2unfortunately, I didn't get through =/. I seriosly tried getting through for 3 hours. My 2 other friends didn't get through either. Congrats 2BJenurse!
- Apr 4, '10 by 2BJenurseOh darn, thats a bummer I went on DSON website and they had this to say :
"Due to the tremendous volume of calls experienced on 4-1-10 we will be revamping our application process. Please check this page on the website after 5-1-10 to review the new process."
So it must have been REALLY busy, my hope is that the reason is because they ARE going to pass their accreditation in the next few months. We've booked our flights and hotels for our interview and really want it all to work out, but with out the NLN accreditation, I'm still a little hesitant- but I'm going to go forward and look into eveything. Would really love to hear from students who have graduated from the bsn program and hear how they are doing in finding jobs..
xoxo- Best of luck to you in boston! there is another school with no waitlist, a bit more expensive, but not much more thand DSON since just raised their tuition, its http://www.okcu.edu/nursing/ oklahoma city university. worth a look.
- Apr 8, '10 by oxojoyoxo2thanks! I'll check the school out! I'm still waiting on Boston!
- Jun 21, '10 by 2BJenurseDenverstudent & others in the DSON program- so hows it all going? are you happy with the program? Is there any word on campus about their NLN accreditation, and do you think they'll get it?