CU Denver Accelerated BSN Spring 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 28, '12 by kerleigh722did you get an email for an interview?
- Jun 28, '12 by amc074Yes, I got an email last week saying the next step in the process was their mandatory interview day. I sent them a response asking if I could do a skype interview because I live really far away, but they emailed me telling me the on campus interview day was mandatory for all applicants. I then sent them another email telling them I just couldn't make it and that I would have to drop out of the process. Today I got an email saying that they ended deciding to offer a group skype interview for the week following the interview day for the applicants that I guess are in my same situation and can't be there for the interview day.
- Jun 28, '12 by kerleigh722Well, at least they changed their mind before you withdrew your app!
Mind me asking what your stats are, like GPA? I have a feeling I will have to reapply in August because my GPA is only a 3.4 cum and I graduate with my BS in Psych December 14. But I've been a CNA for 3 years. Most people seem to have a 4.0. :/
- Jun 29, '12 by amc074I don't have enough posts to send private messages yet, and I'm not comfortable posting it here, but I will say it definitely isn't 4.0. I am out of state though so my potential out of state tuition might be appealing to them.
- Jun 29, '12 by hopefulinCOI'm glad they re-considered, especially since the interview is a new step. Good luck to you!
- Jul 2, '12 by kerleigh722Oh ok, thanks for sharing. Well, good luck!!!
- Jul 17, '12 by mirandabearHi! I'm also about to apply for the CU's accelerated BSN, used to have another account, but...whatever. I was brought here when I tried to search for information about the Interview Day. I was just looking again at the admission steps for CU when I saw the small bit at the bottom about interview day. Sounds like I wasn't the only one who never heard anything about it while reading through requirements or going to info sessions.
But... it says once they have your application they'll email you with more information about interview day. Can anyone who has been emailed share the information they've been sent about it? Or exactly what the process might be like?
Also, about the GPA, my undergrad GPA isn't even a 3.5, but is close-ish. Does anyone know if they calculate your prerequisite GPA into your cumulative GPA, or just look at the GPA on your undergrad transcript (besides also looking at the science GPA?) I've been getting 4.0's in all my pre-req semesters, and it'd by nice if they were calculated into the cumulative/all college work ever GPA, like it works for Regis.
- Jul 17, '12 by kerleigh722Most of the people on here applied for the spring 2013 start so interviews already happened! I didn't get one, so I called and they basically said I was rejected :/. But at least I got one at Regis, my number one option! But anyway, once you apply, they choose probably around 150-200 of those applicants for interviews and yes, they will email you that information. This interview process at CU is really new. After that, you wait a while and then you will get a letter in the mail letting you know if you made the cut! My undergrad GPA is 3.4 and my science is around that, too. So your science GPA being a 4.0 will def. help! But I hear that CU is all about GPA, GPA, GPA, where Regis looks more at experience and letters of rec, etc. Did you consider them too? Hope that little bit of info helps.
- Jul 18, '12 by mirandabearThanks, that was helpful! My undergrad GPA is pretty much the same as yours, so yeah, hoping the pre-reqs are part of the cumulative. I've heard the same about CU Denver, GPA. At the info session they said essay,essay, essay, and GPA.
But yeah, I've looked at Regis too, definitely planning on applying there. Only, I have no experience. I worked a retail job for five years during and after undergrad. My only real worry with Regis now is the recommendations. I have a good professional one from my job, but past professors who'd said they'd be glad to write me a letter haven't responded to my email requests. Maybe because they are not checking school emails during the summer? I am almost thinking of asking my summer pre-req teachers I've only known for about two months. I need to have those letters in soon.
Congratulations on getting an interview at Regis though! Do you have a lot of related experience? And, thanks again.
- Jul 19, '12 by kerleigh722Of course, no problem
Experience is something I do have... Almost 3 years as CNA and a summer of volunteer experience at St. Anthony's. So I'm hoping this is what really gets me into Regis.
But to make you feel better, I know a few people that get into these programs with 0 healthcare experience. But, if you don't get in, I would recommend getting your CNA license and just working part-time or something until the next application opening. But I'm sure you will do fine especially because you have a 4.0 science GPA (that's what you meant, right)!! Thats awesome!