Questions for Hospital CNA's, PCA'sRegister Today!
- by nurturingkneads Mar 12, '07Hi - I am trained as PCA, been working as a medical assistant in a doctors office for over a year now, and am in my first semester ADN-Rn program. Decided I wanted to work in a hospital environment and finally got a call from the hospital where I do clinical rounds for a PCA job. I am nervous about this interview next week. I am most apprehensive about the kinds of questions I should be asking. Any helpful hints? Anything would be appreciated. I am trying to get more hospital experience and cut my commute time to my current job - Thanks so much - Gina
- Mar 12, '07 by chadashI do think being a student will be a strong point. I think they are looking for NAs who have a willingness to work very hard, who love people and did I mention, are willing to work very very hard!
I am sure with your background and goals, they will grab you up!
- Mar 12, '07 by arpeggiatedAsk what shift they're hiring for, shift differentials, potentials for overtime, how often schedules come out, benefits, length of orientation, how many patients you'll usually have, what kind they are (there's a HUGE difference between post-op patients and oncology patients, for example) and how many nurses are usually there. See if you can take a quick walkthrough the department.
Show up early. Dress professionally, not in scrubs.
- Mar 13, '07 by nurturingkneadsThanks for the comments. I am afraid I might have messed up my chances since I got my clinical schedule for next semester and I have clinical on Saturday. I have no idea if Saturdays are required but it makes me worried they won't hire me because of it.
- Mar 17, '07 by middlekaneQuote from nurturingkneadsI hope it works out! Remember you can offer to work Sundays or weekday evening or night shifts. Lots of shifts are unwanted, not just Saturday! So don't get discouraged.Thanks for the comments. I am afraid I might have messed up my chances since I got my clinical schedule for next semester and I have clinical on Saturday. I have no idea if Saturdays are required but it makes me worried they won't hire me because of it.