Quote from gastgj
I am a CNS in a very busy physician's office and need to coordinate care among the ma's in the group. They do a so so job and are at times apathetic and rude to patients.I would like to know how to first of all boost moral among them and also to locate a job description or a variety thereof to look at so that we can better organize their efforts with patients.Thanks in advance ,
I guess my first question is why are you doing this. This is the job of the office manager. However, I have this from somewhere:
• Provides care to patients. Assists patients with personal hygiene, nutrition, comfort, and safety. Maintains comfortable, orderly, safe, and clean environment.
• Prepares patients for examinations. Provides routine information related to medical treatments and procedures.
• Measures and records vital signs. Collects specimens.
• Prepares examining rooms. Selects and lays out medical supplies. Maintains medical equipment.
• Records and reports patient information. Retrieves laboratory test results and patient files.
• Escorts patients and visitors.
• Orders and maintains inventory of supplies.
• Performs clerical functions related to medical activities.
This is a general problem that most medical offices have. In my previous job the only real turnover we had was in the MAs. The problem is that we demand a lot of the MAs but the pay is not great. The key is to stay a little above the average and to reward those who do a great job. Obviously getting rid of those who don't do a great job is also a key.
David Carpenter, PA-C