This is a discussion on question in Chamberlain College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... hello all, i am new to the forum i must admit i'm really excited based on the threads i have read...by rozypolyn Jul 17, '12hello all, i am new to the forum i must admit i'm really excited based on the threads i have read thus far. i'll be starting the rn to bsn online program at chamberlain college of nursing this september '12. any suggestions or advise, as i'm excited and nervous at the same time.
thanks for your help!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=758565©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 740 Views
- Jul 17, '12 by Emilynn09Get organized, make a plan and don't procrastinate. I would say for now, if you want, familiarize yourself well with APA. You will be expected to participate in weekly discussions and your answers must be in APA format. The general ed courses have ebooks, and the nursing courses do not, so I would order your book early so you don't fall behind without a book at the start of classes.
Best of luck! I'm only 2 weeks in, but I'm really digging this online thing. It's awesome.
- Jul 17, '12 by DisneyjamieHello! I am very happy with Chamberlain thus far. I have started with NR351 only just because my kids are out for the summer and wanted to be able to have time for them as well. THis class is easy but I anticipate more time consuming classess. Emily is right, order your books ahead of time. I did not order until 2 weeks prior to class and my books did not come until the beginning of second week, so I had to do without the first week. In the first week, this class goes over time management so it will help you figure out what when you have time and when to make time for course work. Good luck!
- Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. If by any chance while you are in school you find ways/tips that are helpful please let me know. I feel motivated reading your comments.
- Emily, how many posts are you required to submit per topic?
- emily, how many posts are you required to submit per topic?
- Jul 18, '12 by jennyrn2012Quote from rozypolynWe are required to post our original response to the DQ and 1 response to a peer. That being said, there usually are two DQs each week. So two original posts and one post, on different days, to our peers in each DQ forum. That's a total of 4. I'm at work now but when I'm off I will post what the instructor said as I'm sure I just made zero sense lolEmily, how many posts are you required to submit per topic?
- Jul 19, '12 by Emilynn09Quote from rozypolynThere's 2 discussions per week, and you must reply to each one, as well as responding to 3 class mates on 3 different days. I just log in every day and participate, I gotta log in anyway to check assignments... so why not?Emily, how many posts are you required to submit per topic?
- Jul 19, '12 by rozypolynThank you very much! I'm sure by the time I start i'll grasp the whole concept. You are so generous; I can't thank you enough.