online rn to bsn chamberlain college - Page 8Register Today!
- Sep 22, '11 by kmcateer23Hey everyone! I'm starting Chamberlain online in October with just one class, NR 351- Transitions in Professional Nursing. I wanted to know if anyone had any advice and also if anyone could give me some suggestions on which classes would be good if taking 2 at the same time, 2 that are somewhat do-able together.
- Sep 23, '11 by seniorrnI will be done in December, took 2 classes at a time, transitions and socially were my 1st 2, doable, lots of papers to do, just follow the grading rubic and will do fine. Take your math and economics with a nursing class and will be ok. Good luck! Im in Chicago
- Sep 23, '11 by cmo701@seniorrn how long did it take you to finish? Any advise? I will be starting next month! Very anxious and excited.
- Sep 23, '11 by lisahb13@ babe4876 and com71, I am in Arizona. I'm going to be taking two classes, but don't remember exactly which 2 because my advisor and I talked about so much! I know one of them has no papers and tests, and the other one does. I will let you know when I get the official word, I hope we are taking classes together.... that would be AWESOME!!
- Sep 23, '11 by motoluverHey,
So I am graduating here in less then 4 weeks from Chamberlain RN-BSN program. I needed 45 credits to graduate from their program. I did their program in basically 2 semesters but had to get special approval from the dean of admissions to take an accelerated schedule. The nice thing with doing it this way is it saves you money. 45 credits @ $546/credit is almost $25000 but they have a ceiling of ~$6500 per semester which is equal to 12 credits. I was taking sometimes 10 or more credits per session and with 2 sessions per semester I was almost getting a 50% reduction in tuition cost!
Ok as far as classes to pair up on, I just used my advisers judgement "Holly Overby" and she did great. I worked an average of half time while taking this accelerated schedule and I'm graduating with a 3.9GPA. I did a fair amount of studying but it wasn't nearly as bad as the associate nursing degree I took. I would have had a 4.0 but I had an issue with one of the general classes from DeVry which is my only complaint. I would have rated the program 10/10 but after that incident I would rate them 8-9/10. Oh you should know I'm single with no kids.
For those who want to know, I had just under 96% in my statistics class up to the final test and some how failed the final with a D-.... I am an A student so I didn't understand how you could do that good and then fail that miserably. And I wasn't the only classmate that had that happen. It would seem that at 96% you would be prepared for the final not to mention I redid every lab assignment from the whole quarter in my 10+ hours of studying in the 2 days prior to the final. So I don't understand how I could have failed that bad. I submitted a claim to have it looked into but they said they reviewed the test and it was legit.... so that was my only negative remark. Other wise I'm very happy. Now onto a masters program : )
- Sep 23, '11 by seniorrnMotolover,
As far as the cap that Chamberlain has tell me if I read this right. For a semester, or 4 8 week classes and usually 7 semester hours per each 8 week session or 14 hours per semester. I know nothing about the cap of $6500. Please let me know if I read this worng. Thanks.
- Oct 1, '11 by chrishI am from Chicago, also starting 10/24. I am taking NUR351 & Cultural Diversity..
- Oct 2, '11 by hagmayerI'm starting on 10/24 with Prof. Transit. also. So excited!! Good luck
- Oct 2, '11 by chrishI was told to get the Perrla program, that it is a big help...
- Oct 2, '11 by Rissy610RNHey! I'm also starting Chamberlain this month (Oct). If anyone is starting with me, feel free to keep in touch. I get the feeling we will need support from one another.
For previous, and current students of Chamberlain- is it recommended to take SOC and Transitions together? I'm soooo worried about the online format. I'm afraid my ADD will get the best of me. I could really use some words of encouragement from those who get what I'm talking about. I'm also working per diem, and have a husband and young child. I'm panicking!!!