First job out of CRNA schoolRegister Today!
- by MSICUNurse131 Jan 29, '12Hi,
I am interested in pursuing a career in CRNA and was just wondering if recent graduates of CRNA programs were able to find jobs easily? I graduated from RN school 2 years ago and found it very difficult to find a job without any experience. Are you finding you have to wait for a few months or having a job before graduation? And please tell me where you are from thanks!!!
- 1,846 Views
- Jan 31, '12 by duluthrnMaybe you would get some responses if you moved this post to the CRNA or SRNA forum. However, I'm not sure how to do that.
- Feb 1, '12 by traumaRUsLet me move this to the CRNA forum.
- Feb 1, '12 by wtbcrnaThe average age for CRNAs is 47 according to AANA data. There is predicted to be a large turnover from retiring CRNAs in the near future. That being said there is more and more nurse anesthesia schools opening all the time. The CRNA market tends to be similar to the RN market in one aspect in that saturation has more to do with region/city than anything else, if you are willing to relocate then you shouldn't have trouble finding a job as a CRNA.
- Feb 2, '12 by blucrnathat sounds like the catch 22 of nursing. Everyone requires experience but nobody is willing to hire you until you have it. That being said, i'd agree with wtbcrna. I live in ohio and I always see job listings for APN's and crna's from cleveland clinic, akron general, and St. Elizabeth. So It may just be your region.