Australian CRNAs?Register Today!
- by ghaleon128 Sep 25, '07Hey I have been trying to find out a few things. Does Australia allow American trained CRNAs to provide anaesthesia? If so, what kind of certification is needed to practice over there? I've been looking at where CRNAs can work internationally and it seems rather limited as most countries require doctors to administer anaesthesia. Thanks for any help :spin:
- 11,303 Views
- Sep 25, '07 by joannepNo they don't.
- Sep 25, '07 by joannepNo, only Doctors are able to give anaesthetics and generally only those who have completed anaesthetic specialist training.
- Sep 25, '07 by deepzQuote from ghaleon128No. Although 107 nations around the globe do have nurse anesthetists in some form, in Oz, like the other members of the Olde British Empire (New Zealand, Canada, etc.), only docs do 'anaesthesia.'....... Does Australia allow American trained CRNAs to provide anaesthesia? .......
- Sep 26, '07 by veritasCRNA is largely limited to USA, and a few other countries. i do not think you can practice as CRNA in australia. there is no such position. the legals do not cover it. good luck! tell me if you find anything new...