CNEP Rrontier Class 119 - page 3
by OBRNED 7,647 Views | 64 Comments
Has anyone out there applied for CNEP class 119? I just did last week and it is such a LONG wait to find out anything. I am going to be a nervouse nelly for months!... Read More
- 0Jul 13, '13 by Mel_81_99Congratulations Melissa!! So happy for you!!! September can't get here quick enough for me! The waiting is so hard.
I am 31, will be 32 next month. I have an 8 y/o and 12 y/o, both girls.
Will you be going full-time or part-time? Do you work? You will have to keep in touch and let us know how Frontier Bound goes! Have you accepted your spot?
Where are you located?
- 0Jul 15, '13 by OBRNEDCongratulations Melissa! I don't think you are crazy at all. At times it is going to get a little difficult I am sure. You can do it! I hope I get in. I just noticed that they closed the class that I applied for and that makes me nervous. The deadline was not supposed to be until Aug. 9th. Can you tell us more what your background is.... When is your frontier bound? Thanks in advanced and congratulations!!!
Oh and I am 27 with a 3 1/2 year old =)
- 0Jul 15, '13 by BrightGiftRNThank you both!
I'll be 41 in a month O.O I have 8 children (don't faint!). 5 are still at home, 3 are homeschooling, 2 are dual enrolled taking college classes as well, and the LOs are 2 and 3.5. I had started nursing school in '90, got halfway through, then babies started coming so I shelved school. I went back while still homeschooling 6, and got my ADN in '04. I started teaching childbirth classes (LOVE!), and worked PCU / Tele. Our floor got ICU step down and med-surg too, so it was a great place to start. I did a year ICU for the experience, but I'm not a smother-mother type, and you need to be in ICU. I did a little agency, then a year doing at home visits / case management for Hospice. Awesome! Quit to have the "surprise" baby lol, then had his "playmate". Now, I'm pursuing my passion - Midwifery.
I applied end of February lol. Eager beaver, eh? I'm wordy, so I was pleased I got my essay to JUST 500 words! The "juggle it all" essay wasn't difficult, and I was blessed to have former co-workers willing to be references. Frontier has been excellent with replying to my questions promptly, and from the research I've done, I'm impressed with them and feel our education, and degrees, will be well regarded. I'll let you know how FB goes next month
- 0Jul 15, '13 by Mel_81_99Quote from OBRNEDOBRNED - this makes me very worried also!! Because orginally they had extended the deadline for CNEP, and now they closed it earlier than the other programs!! September can't get here quick enough for me!!I just noticed that they closed the class that I applied for and that makes me nervous. The deadline was not supposed to be until Aug. 9th.
- 0Jul 17, '13 by Nelle_45Hey ladies. I was just about to send off my stuff for Class 119, and then I looked at the website and it said it was closed. I thought it didn't make sense because, just like you OBRNED, CNEP, always had extended deadlines and the other classes closed first. I thought it was someone's mistake and they put closed on CNEP instead of CFNP. I was going to contact someone about that but then decided that maybe it was God's Will for me to apply to Class 121 instead. Well, I went back on the website today and checked. CNEP Class 119 was open again and they had closed on CFNP. Now, I am delayed again with filling out the application because I want to clear this up with their office. But I don't know. Maybe I should just get an early start and apply to Class 121.
- 0Jul 21, '13 by Nelle_45This could be true also. I think I will apply for Class 119. I have sent my stuff off this weekend. I just need to upload everything. Did you upload a resume? If so, did you change your objective at the top to fit nurse midwifery? Or did you keep it the same? For example, my objective had wording to fit searches for RN positions.