Littman vs. Ultrascope vs. othersRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Littman vs. Ultrascope vs. others in CCU Nursing / Coronary / Cardiac, part of Critical Care Nursing ... I started working on CVICU several months ago and have had two Littman Master Cardiology steth's...by KD CVICU-RN Jul 3, '11I started working on CVICU several months ago and have had two Littman Master Cardiology steth's stolen. I am looking to get a cheaper model in a crazy color that hopefully won't have the same fate. I have heard about some non-branded, cheaper steths that are amazing, as well as the ultrascope and maxiscope. For my area of practice (CVICU), does anyone have any cost-effective recommendations? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=586453©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,887 Views
- Jul 3, '11 by ICUenthusiastDon't put your stethoscope down?
- Jul 21, '11 by jpvanzutI just bought a Kila, single-head cardiology scope. I think it works very well. Extremely comparable to Littman Master Cardiology for less than a third of the price.
- Aug 24, '11 by idtx2I have a Maxiscope in Bright Orange and a Cardiologist III. I find myself using the Maxiscope more often, I can hear just as well and it is much lighter around my neck.
- Aug 25, '11 by worked hard and longKeep scope around neck, if lent out stay by their side. Have name engraved in it.
- Aug 25, '11 by BiffbradfordYeah, keep in in your pocket or something. Actually, those cheapie isolation scopes hear pretty well. Good in a pinch.
- Aug 27, '11 by assidereI did quite a bit or research before getting a replacement for the $18 one that got me through school and the first six months of my practice. I ended up getting an ADC (American Diagnostic Corporation) Adscope Platinum Cardiology model off Amazon.com for around $90. It's reviews compare very favorably to the Cardiology III, and everyone I've lent it to actaully seems to prefer it...
- Aug 28, '11 by NursetasticI love my Ultrascope. I hear better with it than with my Littman Light (I think that is what it is...$79 or so). My only gripe is that it is heavy around my neck. But I have my name in the design of the bell so it doesn't go far. That and it is bright pink with dog paws so not many people want it.