Anyone else studying for CCRN exam? - Page 106Register Today!
- Jan 9, '10 by hajidang that seems strange that there is no ce credit for passing the test.
i mean, learned more than i did in any class. oh well, now i have a big brain.
- Jan 24, '10 by moonischasingme1Question: how long does it take from the application process to when you're eligible to sit for the exam?
I'm only wondering because I need to apply probably in September to meet my 1750 hours, but would like to take it prior to October 1st because I'm going to apply for grad school and i want that certification behind my name prior to this...
Also, when the requirements state, "Practice as an RN or APRN is required for 1,750 hours in direct bedside care of acutely or critically ill patients during the previous two years, with 875 of those hours accrued in the most recent year preceding application.."
...does this mean you can still take it after one year experience equaling over 1750 hours or do you need to spread it out over 2 years?
- Jan 25, '10 by Reno1978I received my approval to test 3 days after I applied to take the exam. It's a fast process.
You need to have met the required number of hours within the past two years, not over two years. This is to ensure you have recent experience taking care of critically ill patients.
- Feb 16, '10 by hellonurseyI have been studying for the past 6 weeks for my exam that is scheduled for next week. I have used many of the studying suggestions found on these forums i.e. LGV's DVD's, Pass CCRN review questions, and Pass CCRN book for clarification on any difficult topics. I have also used my pathophys book for s/s and treatment modalities for the "new" topics on the "new" CCRN exam. For those that have taken the "new" exam - are there any other study tips you can offer? Congrats to all who have taken and passed the exam - and good luck to those who are studying!
- Feb 18, '10 by MB37I applied to take the test almost two weeks ago (online), and I still haven't heard from them! I really want to set a date and get it over with.
- Feb 18, '10 by Reno1978If you applied online, you should have an e-mail from AMP Customer Service <firstname.lastname@example.org> with directions on how to sign up for your exam. I received mine in 3 days and my coworkers received theirs quite quickly as well. Check your spam box!
- Feb 19, '10 by RN789I applied 2 weeks ago too so I called and I was told that they are experiencing a delay. I'll call again next week if I still haven't received anything. I just want to hurry up and take the test so I can start studying for the GRE.
- Feb 19, '10 by Cursed IrishmanJust got off the phone w/ AACN. They're upgrading their systems, it won't be finished until February 26th. Notifications to test will be received a week after.
- Feb 24, '10 by wiltfongmI am studying for the CCRN I am hoping to take it this summer. I would be interested in joining a thread to collaborate on study topics and materials if anyone else is interested. I work in CICU/CSU but think I am weakest in Neuro, Endocrine. I tried to start a study group at work but few people were interested and kept flaking out of the project. We could pick weekly topics and post questions, links for review, learning tools, or just chat about the application process.:nurse.