New case management positionRegister Today!
- by Beritsmom Nov 13, '12I just accepted a position as a case manager, what should I expect?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=797442©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,028 Views
- Nov 13, '12 by lovinlife11In a hospital? Insurance company? Home health? We need to know in what capacity in order to answer
- Nov 14, '12 by MBARNBSNAs the above poster noted we need to know the setting. Also what you will be doing (UR and/or Discharge Planning/Chronic Life Planner) and what population you will serve makes a difference in our responses as to what you should expect. However, no matter what your responses to our questions are, you should definitely expect a large learning curve and a lot of hard work. You have not signed on to a position that will be easy, but this does not mean you will not like your job. Good luck.
- Nov 14, '12 by BeritsmomIn a hospital
- Nov 14, '12 by MBARNBSNQuote from BeritsmomAre you a UR Nurse only, D/C planner only, a Chronic Case Manager Only, a Coordinator for another facility only (Acute Rehab, Hospice, etc), or are you performing both UR and D/C planning within the hospital setting?In a hospital