PCCN - I failed by 10 questions
- 0Mar 31, '11 by ChineseNurseHi All Nurses!
I took the PCCN today and failed by 10 points. I used the following aids to study:
1) Took a PCCN review class at a local hospital
2) Reviewed using: PCCN Certification Review (Brorsen, PCCN Certification Review with CD-ROM) and the practice questions
3) Reviewed using:
AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing by Marianne Chulay and Suzanne Burns (Paperback - Dec 7, 2006)
4) Made some flash cards
I did not study with anyone. I studied on my own for 3 months and I looked at All Nurses Forum.
I"m contemplating using David Woodruff guide now.Last edit by dianah on Mar 31, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: soliciting
- 0Nov 10, '11 by ChineseNurseThis really sucks but I took the PCCN again (using Woodruff PCCN material that I found online) hoping I would pass but I DID NOT pass again. This time it was 63/70. I was so close. Sad face.
I want to give up but this was one of my RN goals this year to take the PCCN and to get my CNIII.
There are not many PCCN books -- any suggestions on what guide to use??
What is the difference between ANCC Cardiovascular Nurse Certification verses this one called PCCN?
(I checked on Ebay, Craigslist, and Amazon) for more PCCN material but did not find much with many reviews nor were they all that helpful.
I can't believe I scored 25% on "RN behavior" on the PCCN. Whoops!
- 0Nov 22, '11 by nyrn5125So sorry you didn't pass. When I took the test it was shocking to find out from aacn that the pass rate was 60%
the latest I saw was 62% at the site below. It is the lowest for all their tests.Why, partly because it is an extremely hard test, and the preparation books just aren't there. What kind of unit you work on and how much experience is a factor for passing. I remember getting tons of questions on MI. But it was related to leads and artery affected. So hard. I think what helped is using the CCRN book as well as the progressive book you mentioned. I did the practice questions for CCRN. Go to a bookstore and sit down with Pass CCRN, look at the practice questions.
- 0Aug 13, '13 by lilhendyI failed the PCCN exam by 6 points. I was disappointed but didn't beat myself up too bad because there were several diseases I haven't dealt with in my career (in the cardiac section). Then towards the end of the exam, my anxiety kicked in because I started asking myself why I was taking the exam, since I didn't know the answers. I feel I gave up; then time ran out. So I'm back to studying. What I'm doing diffferent this time is (1) using the new blueprint, (2) understanding the patho, s/s, nursing interventions, and expected treatment options for the various diseases, (3) cardiac and pulmonary will be the last sections I study because they are the largest part of the exam (so they will be the freshest on my mind the day of the exam), and (4) I post questions I have as discussions for friends to help me with the rationale. My plans are to retest before Thanksgiving and become a PCCN NURSE!!! I don't wear failure well. So I just say, I did not prepare enough.