UFV January 2013 BSN Hopefuls - page 18
Well yesterday was the application deadline for the University of the Fraser Valley痴 January 2013 BSN intake. I知 just curious if there are any other anxiety-ridden current applicants out there like me. I知 hoping to create a... Read More
- 0I know how you feel. I know I didn't get into the BSN program because it has gotten even more competitive this year and Nancy said the ones that got in had 3A's and 1B... But I am hoping to get into the LPN program. I could wait for September but I don't want to get my hopes up and waste another year. If I do get into the LPN program, I feel like it will benefit me in the future. Only downside is, the UK (where I want to be in the future) doesn't have a bridging program, neither do they have LPNs there.
I hope the rest of us get through this. & to those that did, CONGRATS
- 0Nov 7, '12 by careubcI'm just wondering... how do those that didnt make in upgrade their highschool courses to A's in time for next intake? I didn't even get an interview for this program cause my highschool marks are 3 B's and one A. I wonder if there is a way to do fast paced upgrading courses in time for the next application deadline...?
- 0Nov 7, '12 by FoxRainHi careubc
Try FVDES and AVS (if you live in Abbotsford) you can do paperbased courses which are at your own pace (so it means you can do them as fast as you want) 4 modules, 4 tests, non-cumulative. Or you can sign up and do an online course with either one of these (FVDES or AVS) and just work through it as quickly as you can.. though there are cons cause it's a longer course (more work) but you do have more support than with paper-based.
- 0Nov 7, '12 by phoenixforealzThe LPN program is now two years in length. That means that after you finish the program and do the mandatory 1 year of work, you still have another 4 years of school for your BSN (thats 7 years) - not to mention that you have spent an extra eight grand for your LPN. If you want to be an RN, you should apply to some other schools. If I wasn't let in because of my 'B', I will be looking elsewhere to get my nursing degree. You could not pay me to upgrade, an essentially useless high school pre req, to gain admission.... Yah, it would seem that I am still in the anger phase of loss.
- 1Nov 8, '12 by riri.gYeah I agree. I think I might try once more for September 2013 and I will also apply at other schools.. Plus apparently there are too many LPNs that its hard to find a job. ... Aww baileybee I am still pretty angry as well... It really is getting harder and harder each year. It's super frustrating. I'll start applying everywhere.