U of T 2012 - is it ok to not have finished prereq's yet?Register Today!
- by jbethune Jan 9, '12Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone knows (perhaps current U of T nursing students) if not having completed your prerequisites at the time of application reduces your chances of acceptance? I'm due to finish my physiology credit in February and will finish statistics in June. I'm done my undergrad though.
I know it's early, but I just submitted my supplementary application to U of T and am nervous! How big of a preference do they have for applicants who have finished all prereq's?
Any insight is much appreciated!
Thanks and good luck to the hopefuls,
- 1,648 Views
- Jan 9, '12 by dianafaThe application into U of T's program is highly competitive. It really depends on the applicants that have applied amongst other things. It would naturally be better to have it, although you may get lucky.
- Jan 9, '12 by loriangel14Preference will be given to people that have completed the prerequisites but it won't hurt to apply.
- Jan 9, '12 by jbethuneThanks for your replies, dianafa and loriangel14.
From what you're saying it sounds like the chances are slim.. I am curious to know how high of a GPA would be required to offset this - is there anyone reading who got a conditional acceptance and would be willing to share their cgpa/final year gpa?
I feel confident about my application in all the other areas except for not yet having completed the prereq's. I'm not sure how it will affect my chances.. how much later (if at all) do they offer conditional acceptances?
- Jan 10, '12 by NovoUnless your GPA is through the roof then I would say your chances are very low. U of T is an extremely competitve school though, have you looked into other schools?
- May 1, '12 by jemarieHi,
I have not completed one of my prerequisites either, but I received a conditional offer of acceptance a while ago, so your chances are not low. Only stimulation is I received A MINIMUM C+. I am finishing my Masters in Health Sciences this year, however those marks are not considered for acceptance. The final 2 years of my undergrad I had around a 3.9 GPA.
- May 2, '12 by jbethuneHi Jemarie,
Thanks for your reply!! I also got in (while completing two prereq's) so it looks like U of T doesn't mind giving conditional acceptances. See you in September!