Mohawk College RPN 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- Dec 17, '12 by MagalI was also told by paramed to do my mask fitting when I come in for my appointment.
- Dec 20, '12 by MagalIs there anyone here who bought the bundle e-books that I could have a look at? Or maybe knows someone who does that wouldn't mind me having a look. I can come to meet you if you are not too far from McMaster campus. I would really appreciate as it would help me enourmousy to make my decision of either buying the e-books or the hard copies. I like hard copies much better, but the books are huge and heavy. Would we be needing to bring them to class everyday or is it more just a reference thing for at home? By being able to see for myself how the e-books work and what they are like, would make it much easier for me to decide which one is best for me.
- Dec 20, '12 by sweetcurvesSo my bloodwork says inconclusive for immunity to measles, mumps, rubella. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. I just had a booster last year. What to do, what to do.
Has everyone done their CPR already? I'm going to the Red Cross to do it on the 27th.
- Dec 21, '12 by relaxingbathHi magal, not bought any of the books yet so i'm afraid i'm no help there.
Sweetcurves I had a similar issue with my Hep.B and i had to start from scratch again because I didnt have any proof of having it in the UK even though there was 8.98 in my bloods (it needed to be over 10) not sure if paramed will take the fact you had a booster last year or if they will require you to have another one. I would phone them up to find out, we get the first meeting with them for free after that they charge to try and make sure you have everything in place for that first meeting.
I did the HP CPR course with the red cross here in Cambridge and the first 3 hours was very generic first aid when it was lunch time I was the only one doing the HP CPR course so I did that one on one with the instructor. Even though it was an hour it was very fast and the multiple choice questions at the end weren't too hard.
I've book my paramed appointment for 2nd of jan, i have my Hep.B 2nd injection booked at my doctors for that morning if all goes well i'll be all set by then.
- Dec 21, '12 by sweetcurvesI think ParaMed is now closed until Jan 2? I should have made an appointment...dang it!
HepB took me 3 tries to meet the standard for "immune" in bloodwork.
- Dec 21, '12 by MARN13NI am going to RPN prgram at Mohawk College starting in January. I was just wondering which textbook is for which class. So I could go prepared..
- Dec 21, '12 by relaxingbathHi marn13n the list of books for each class can be found on
mocomotion.mohawkcollege.ca just log in
and go to the "student academics" at the top left
there is a link to my courses, this takes you to the page that lists each course
from there click "course outlines" choose "post secondary winter 2013" and click submit
Select the course ID you want to find out about for instance "NRSG 10062" and click submit again
This page gives you the course outline and a list of require and recommended textbooks, and a breakdown on how the course is assessed.
Andrea and starfish have made posts a few pages back on which books they got when they started September and last year which you might find an interesting read, hope this is of some help.
- Dec 22, '12 by MARN13NThank you so much relaxingbath
- Dec 22, '12 by MARN13NIs it too late to have an appointment with Paramed in the second week.. I don't have my mask fitting until the 14th. Also is the orientation manitory. I work Mondays and will have to book off that day if it is.
- Dec 24, '12 by Kat_RPNStudentJust want to wish everyone a very safe and Happy Holiday! All the best to you and yours.