LPN PROGRAM in alberta
- 1Apr 23, '13 by calgpnHi I am on waiting list to get into LPN program in bow valley college but looks like it is a big waiting list and I was thinking maybe I should do distance learning fron norquest college
Had anyone been to that institution or graduated from there ? I want to know the feed back to that school
- 1,815 Visits
- 1Apr 23, '13 by Fiona59OK, you've applied to the Practical Nursing course at Bow Valley. They do not issue the license. You are only an LPN after you graduate and pass the national exam.
Norquest and Bow Valley offer the same quality of education. I attended Norquest and have worked with nurses who graduated from Bow Valley. Our experiences were almost identical.
The distance course offered by Norquest is/was aimed at people who could not leave small communities to attend school in either Edmonton or Calgary. It used to be done mainly by NAs in places like Banff, Jasper, Hinton. You do have to come to Edmonton for clinical hours.
- 0Apr 24, '13 by Fiona59Quote from NovoI think you need to check with Norquest. I know that you must have graduated Grade 12 and there are minimum required marks like any post secondary institution. I know that I was waitlisted when I applied due to a limited number of seats but due to funding changes and people changing their minds I started within six months of applying.Fiona, do you know if the LPN program at Norquest is competitive or do they just put you on a waitlist? How do they determine whether or not you're accepted? Grades?
Look at their website or call somebody in the programme office.
- 1Jun 14, '13 by kthln1234Hi I am attending Bow Valley now and love it, they have great instructors and solid program. Why don't you reapply for Sept intake and in the meantime take English and Anatomy Physiology online while you wait. It would make for easier course load. Good luck
- 0Apr 22 by ColleenQuinnI am hoping to start the Bow Valley Part-Time program Sept '15. I want to use ANPH 150 as my pre-requisite instead of Bio 30. I can take it this May-Sept or Aug-Dec, 2014. I'm concerned about these 'wait lists'! If I apply Dec, 2014 for Sept, 2015 start- am I in danger of being put on a wait list??? Any insight is fully appreciated!!!