LPN PROGRAM in albertaRegister Today!
- by calgpn Apr 23Hi I am on waiting list to get into LPN program in bow valley college but looks like it is a big waiting list and I was thinking maybe I should do distance learning fron norquest college
Had anyone been to that institution or graduated from there ? I want to know the feed back to that school
- 1,098 Views
- Apr 23 by Fiona59OK, you've applied to the Practical Nursing course at Bow Valley. They do not issue the license. You are only an LPN after you graduate and pass the national exam.
Norquest and Bow Valley offer the same quality of education. I attended Norquest and have worked with nurses who graduated from Bow Valley. Our experiences were almost identical.
The distance course offered by Norquest is/was aimed at people who could not leave small communities to attend school in either Edmonton or Calgary. It used to be done mainly by NAs in places like Banff, Jasper, Hinton. You do have to come to Edmonton for clinical hours.
- Apr 23 by calgpnYa I spoke to them this morning u r right thanks for replying I just heard stories about norquest so I was kind of concerned thank u fiona
- Apr 24 by NovoFiona, do you know if the LPN program at Norquest is competitive or do they just put you on a waitlist? How do they determine whether or not you're accepted? Grades?
- Apr 24 by Fiona59Quote from NovoI think you need to check with Norquest. I know that you must have graduated Grade 12 and there are minimum required marks like any post secondary institution. I know that I was waitlisted when I applied due to a limited number of seats but due to funding changes and people changing their minds I started within six months of applying.Fiona, do you know if the LPN program at Norquest is competitive or do they just put you on a waitlist? How do they determine whether or not you're accepted? Grades?
Look at their website or call somebody in the programme office.
- Jun 14 by kthln1234Hi I am attending Bow Valley now and love it, they have great instructors and solid program. Why don't you reapply for Sept intake and in the meantime take English and Anatomy Physiology online while you wait. It would make for easier course load. Good luck