Accelerated Nursing Programs in Canada?
- 0Dec 16, '12 by DestinedWalnutHello - I was wondering if anyone has a list of or knowledge of which Canadian schools offer accelerated nursing programs (IE less than two years)? Thank you VERY much!
- 6,924 Visits
- 0Dec 22, '12 by hopefulNPrograms at Trent, Humber, University of Western Ontario, University of Toronto and York have condensed nursing programs some lasting 1.5 years to some lasting about 3.5 years. You can check out the websites to these Universities and see their specific requirements and length of their 2nd entry programs.
- 0Dec 26, '12 by 9smdHere's the list that I used when I was looking into fast track programs:
Fast Track/Accelerated BACC Programs: Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing / Association canadienne des écoles de sciences infirmières (CASN / ACESI)
Hope that helps!
- 0Dec 28, '12 by pre13I recommend this website: All About Prerequisites For Nursing, How to Start a Career in Nursing cause I think there is enough information for nurse beginners
- 0Feb 10, '13 by onwardsThe CASN list (link above) is missing the University of Ottawa Second Entry Nursing program, which is under 2 years - a spring/summer term catching you up on second year requirements, followed by 3rd and 4th year (with no summer session in between, from what I understand). However, their program starts in May (with a deadline of Dec), unlike most Sept start programs, so the deadline has passed for a 2013 start date.
- 0Feb 11, '13 by toronto_nurseI wouldn't consider any of the above programs accelerated since applicants need a minimum of 2 years of university level courses completed including the required pre-requisites and admission is not even guaranteed. Many second-entry nursing students already have a degree so 6 years for a BScN isn't really accelerated. Traditionally private career colleges were offering accelerated nursing programs mainly practical nursing but here in Ontario those are completely removed.