- by ValWai Sep 7, '02Hi,
I am a nurse in Singapore. I am being thinking of emigration to Vancouver. I have been there for holiday and love the place very much. After all the Eng. tests and psy. courses, RNABC has accepted my applciation to write the CRNE. I have been practising on NCLEX study guides since last year. I would like to know if these study guides are suitable for CRNE as well. And is there any study guide available other than the Canadian RN exam prep. guide?
- 2,263 Views
- Sep 9, '02 by tiredernurseHi ValWai, I am originally from Canada and wrote exams in both US and Canada. The US exam was much easier (maybe because I took it 5 years later) and simpler. The Canadian boards were multiple, multiple choice. If you go to Amazon.com you can search for nursing books or try looking for Canadian book stores on a search engine. I am sure there are study guides specific to Canadian nursing. Good luck!
- Sep 9, '02 by disherValWai,you can order guides through Canadian nurses association, their website is
Click on English, click on publications, scroll to "the Canadian RN Exam Prep Guide" (278 pages). There are a couple of additional publications you might also find helpful at this site. Good luck!
- Sep 10, '02 by ValWaiThank you for your tips and your blessings, Disher and Tiredernurse. I passed my NCLEX in 1988. But when I study NCLEX exam guide again this year, I find them harder than CRNE. But I will do my best. Anyway, why tireder?
- Sep 11, '02 by tiredernurseThanks for asking ValWai. I was always a day shift person and changed jobs last year. Still trying to get off nites but our hospital pays a $6.00 shift diff for nites. Even after a year, I'm still not used to it.
- Sep 11, '02 by ValWaiOh, I see. I was imagining a Dolly Parton girl with lots of pressure that makes her tireder. LOL.