White Memorial- RN New Grad 2013 - Page 23Register Today!
- Apr 30 by marianashinesthank you for responding!!!
It gives me hope!!! I will keep everyone updated even if i don't get an interview i will still let everyone know
- May 1 by ashleyrosesfInteresting that White Memorial (being in LA) has the same pay as SJCH in Bakersfield. :-P (Except you start off at $29.46 as a base there in their new grad program, with 10% differential for nights and weekends.)
- May 2 by studentareNvnHello..does anyone know how long after receiving the questionaire must the answers be submitted?
- May 2 by alib_xoxQuote from studentareNvnI don't think there's a time limit, so the sooner the better probably. I thought I remembered reading that the questionnaire would be "graded" on content as well as promptness of turning it in.Hello..does anyone know how long after receiving the questionaire must the answers be submitted?
- May 2 by studentareNvnthanks for the quick response!
- May 2 by alib_xoxwelcome!
- May 2 by lizzyxpoohThanks, RNurse7-
That's good to know! Thanks for sharing about your friend who was a new grad there.
So the educator and staffing on the floor are very supportive? How high are their expectations for us new grads? How long is preceptorship again? I forget with all these applications. lol.
Im asking bc some hospitals will drop you in a beat if you're not top notch. :/
As long as we get the support, Im all for it!
- May 2 by RNurse7Lizzyxpooh: From what I've gathered from my friend, she is very pleased with the new grad program at White. She is in the ICU and says that all of the staff and the unit manager are all very nice and supportive of the new grads. She also mentioned that new grads on other units seemed pleased as well. From what I've gathered from talking to my friend, the expectations of the new grads are pretty reasonable. The preceptorship is 18-20 weeks depending on the unit you get hired on. I don't think White is the kind of place to drop new grads in a beat, they really value commitment to their hospital and would most likely work to support a new grad before getting rid of them
- May 2 by lizzyxpoohGood to know! Thanks!
Fyi- Hoag in Newport will drop you in a beat. They write you up for anything and everything. If you dont cap the Iv lines right - written up. Perk at your phone, written up.
Its very professional and i support that- but there is no mercy there. New grads have a low survival rate, and you have to be good looking to work there. Just a heads up