VA San Francisco New Grad Program 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on VA San Francisco New Grad Program 2012 in California Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hey guys! Figured I'd start a new thread for the VA San Francisco new grad program that's coming...by bbaileyRN Sep 26, '12Hey guys! Figured I'd start a new thread for the VA San Francisco new grad program that's coming up. Hopefully we can all share insight and information about the process as it goes along. Anyone else apply?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=788868©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 15,566 Views
- Sep 26, '12 by batmikCan someone post a link to information on this new grad program ? I know the application process for the VA can be very complex
- Sep 26, '12 by sacnursewhat is VA?
- Sep 26, '12 by bbaileyRNQuote from sacnurseVA stands for Veteran Affairs. It's a new grad program at the VA hospital in San Francisco.what is VA?
- Sep 26, '12 by AN1324The application has ended, so they have taken down the job posting.
- Sep 26, '12 by nurs1ngTo the OP,
Do you know when they're going to start calling for interviews? I can't get ahold of the recruiter whatsoever. Thanks!
- Sep 27, '12 by bayareastudent0711Based on VA Palo Alto's past two new grad programs this year... two weeks from the end of the job posting seems to be standard. We got another week and a half before we may hear something -_-
- Sep 28, '12 by bubbles313I'm in the waiting game too, good luck everyone!
- Oct 2, '12 by DentoniRNIt took the recruiter about 6 days to return a call I made during the application process. They said they would contact candidates three weeks after the posting closed.
I have a question, the posting stressed that this was an online process only. Do you believe it would be unwise to go to the HR department at the VA and introduce myself? Historically doing so has been helpful, but I am afraid this may be overstepping.
- Oct 3, '12 by julz16I saved the job description; there was a note that reads "Due to the number of applicants, the Nurse Recruiter and Nurse Managers are unable to meet and greet interested applicants in person. Please respect their time." Just an FYI. Guess we will all just have to sit back, relax and wait for them to contact us! Good luck everyone, I'm really hoping I can stop filling out applications soon...