SFSU FALL 2013
- 0Jul 27, '12 by lakerfan510Is anyone applying to the SFSU nursing program this fall? how are your stats looking like?
- 40,602 Visits
- 0Jul 27, '12 by scwolfHi Lakerfan,
I am planning to apply to SFSU this fall, for the BSN program. I've got a 3.8 GPA (for pre-reqs) and a 94 on my TEAS. So many people seem to be applying this year; I'm a little nervous about the competition. I'm debating about re-taking Chem in order to get my GPA topped up. How about you?
Also, I volunteer in a clinic. By application time, I will have done that for about 8 months. I don't otherwise have much healthcare experience.
Is anyone else out there planning to apply? It would be great to help each other along the process or at least compare notes.
- 1Jul 28, '12 by lakerfan510That's awesome. You got a great GPA and TEAS score. As of right now, my overall GPA is 3.78 and my prereq GPA is 3.74. I still need to take anatomy, so hopefully I can crash it this semester. On my TEAS I got a 83.3%, but I'm taking it again so I can boost it up. I'm also volunteering at two different hospitals in the ER and at a food bank. So by application time, I'll have at least a total of 300 hours or more volunteering at these places.
But yea, I feel like a lot of people are applying to the program this year! Especially a lot of people who are starting their 4th year at SFSU and some people who are starting their 3rd year.
I'm sure this thread will become more popular as the application deadline gets closer.
- 0Aug 1, '12 by scwolfYes, I'll be applying to the UCSF MEPN (I have a B.A. in Biology), as well as CSU EB and CSU Sac. I amy also apply to Sonoma State but their application isn't due until 2013 (Jan or Feb) so there's time to decide that. I definitely want to stay in-state. How about you?
Also, any one else please jump in with us anytime!
- 0Sep 12, '12 by LaSarahI also plan on applying this year to SFSU as well.
I'm very nervous though because I know how competitive it is
I have a 3.5 GPA and I'm currently taking my microbiology and anatomy class and next semester taking physiology.
I am also volunteering at a hospital but I only have 100 hours. You guys seem to have a lot more which makes me think I should volunteer more hours or at a different place?
I am also taking my TEAS for the first time at the end of next month.
- 0Oct 6, '12 by scwolfHi folks,
I have just started the application process. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your SF State ID#?
The Nursing Program asks for it on the application form. I applied for SFSU on CSUmentor but I don't yet have an ID# that I see. They say they are holding applications until after the election but, by that time, it will be a little late to apply. I guess there will still be time but it will be crunched.
Any advice is welcome.