Samuel Merritt - ELMSN FNP - Sacramento 2012 - page 14
by JeninCA | 23,815 Views | 139 Comments
Hi everyone, I did not see a post for the Spring 2012 ELMSN - FNP program in Sacramento, so I thought I would start one for all the hopeful FNPs. A little about me: My name is Jennifer and I live in Rancho Cordova. I have... Read More
- 0Oct 11, '11 by JeninCASorry for the late reply. Thanks for all the kind words. I was very devastated when I heard the news but I guess it is for the best. I will be applying next year for the FNP and also the ABSN. We will see how it goes.
I am really happy for everyone accepted into the program. Being accepted is such a great accomplishment. Let us know how the first semester goes. Good luck to everyone and I wish you an awesome first semester. Go get um'!
- 0Oct 22, '11 by live.love.laughHi Everyone!
I'm applying for the Oakland Fall 2012 cohort and happened to run into some questions regarding the application process. I emailed the admissions counselors regarding the following questions, but they haven't replied back yet. So, I was hoping to get some answers from here for the time being.
I'm not sure how your application was like. But, the application for the ELMSN-FNP Fall 2012 cohort in Oakland is in paper form and we are asked to elaborate on our paid/volunteer work experience and service, leadership, continuing professional development activities on A separate sheet each. I like to think of these as supplemental info because we also have a goal statement. The questions asked are exactly the same as the questions asked in the personal statement section in the ABSN program and we were allowed 1-2 pages per question. My question is does anyone know if it's okay to write a 1.5-2 page, double spaced essay for this section of the application?
My second situation is that I did some pre-requisites for the ABSN program at a city college, but these classes are not required for the ELMSN program. Should I still list the college on my application and send in the transcripts from that school?
Lastly, does anyone know if I have to send in my TEAS scores again? I sent it in from ATI when I applied for the ABSN program and I'm not sure if I would need to send it again.
For those of you who are still reading...thanks for the help!
- 0Oct 25, '11 by heartservice1) For the essays, I spoke with Lizzie Mayo and she said single or double spaced is fine for the supplemental essay. I did a single spaced essay.
2) You mus send all transcripts from ALL schools even if it is not a required pre-requisite. failing to do so can delay your application
3) You do not need to re-send your test scores to SMU. Although, I would double check to see if they recieved your scores. I applied to both programs and sending it via ATI was fine.
Hope that helps! Good luck!
- 0Nov 13, '11 by Polo2004I'm not sure if anyone reads this thread or not anymore, but I have been accepted to the EL-FNP program in Sacramento for 2012. I look forward to meeting all of you at orientation tomorrow! I have been researching places to live, as I am relocating from the Bay Area! I have found the rental market to be affordable for a one bedroom apartment up in Sacramento.Last edit by dianah on Nov 13, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service
- 0Dec 8, '11 by smschobertalright everyone...how in the heck do you purchase BOOKS thru SMU??? I am very confused about the interface. What is the nursing bundle anyway and why do I need 3 of them?? how much does it end up costing if you just let it pick them for you? and has anyone tried buying them on different websites??