Samuel Merritt ABSN Spring 2013 - Page 20Register Today!
- Oct 18, '12 by jebo1982Rosiebee, orientation is october 30 and classes start november 5 ( i think, ill double check the email they sent me).JeninCa, that would've been a tough commute. I have an hour commute to campus from my house (but i'm going to stay at family houses during the school week).
- Oct 18, '12 by StacyMarie982Hey gang,
I got the call!! And I've been up all night trying to figure out what the heck I am going to do!!
Can you explain your deferment???? I was told there are NO deferments..... but if you got one I want one!!
- Oct 19, '12 by gobears0305@ StacyMarie982
I made the request a couple weeks ago, basically explaining that it was too short a time-frame to relocate from LA, transition out of my job, and get all the other stuff done too (health screening, financing, etc etc). Also it took them a couple weeks to go through the process, which is probably why they aren't granting any more deferments since you're so close to the start date (just my 2 cents). Honestly, they had me walking on pins and needles through this whole process.
- Oct 19, '12 by StacyMarie982@gobears0305
Your situation sounds much like mine!! I'd be moving from the central valley, but yes after reviewing the checklist, there is a LOT of stuff to get taken care of and my husband is scheduled for major open heart surgery mid November. I wanted it so badly, but the timing was just not right, so I had to decline. I had already applied to the spring term, so HOPEFULLY I will meet many of you then. 2 more weeks until acceptance letters come out!!!
- Oct 22, '12 by rosiebee15I am was in the same boat- less than 2 weeks to move form Washington and get everything done. I decided to decline and just hope to get in for Spring. I was told that since I got in for Fall that I must have been a good candidate and chances are I will get accepted for Spring. So I am getting everything done now in case I get the call.Last edit by rosiebee15 on Oct 22, '12 : Reason: I
- Oct 22, '12 by rosiebee15I was in the same boat- less than 2 weeks to move form Washington and get everything done. I decided to decline and just hope to get in for Spring. I was told that since I got in for Fall that I must have been a good candidate and chances are I will get accepted for Spring. So I am getting everything done now in case I get the call.
- Oct 22, '12 by StacyMarie982@rosiebee15..... doing the same thing as well!! Immunizations, cpr, locating a home Wishing you (and everyone else out there!) good luck for spring!! We should know in a few weeks!
- Oct 24, '12 by jly0162It's the end of October! Is this wait going to finally be over?? -______-
- Oct 24, '12 by StacyMarie982My guess is next week...... --------- told me they won't release the spring cohort acceptance until fall is entirely seated... orientation is Tuesday, so I'm thinking after that based on who's there??? BUT, letters of intent for fall were due this past Monday.... so maybe sooner???? This wait is driving me nuts to find out if I'm lucky enough to be accepted twice!!!!!Last edit by dianah on Oct 24, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Oct 24, '12 by JeninCAMoved to #3 on the wait list for Sacramento.... The almost there but not quite wait is killer.
Don't forget, there is a facebook page for the Sacramento cohort. You can search Samuel Merritt University - ABSN - Sacramento - Spring 2013