Same Day EndorsementRegister Today!
- by liatard Apr 13, '11Hello-
I'm graduating from nursing school in a month, and just starting my paperwork for the BRN. I have a choice to make in the next few weeks, and I need input from anyone who has some information about same day endorsement in CA.
I'm looking at new grad programs right now, and I think I have a much better chance of finding work in Oregon than California. The start dates for some of the programs are July/August, so I want to make sure that I have all my paperwork in order ASAP.
My plan is to register for Licensure by Examination with the Oregon BRN. From the research I have done it looks like you can endorse an out of state license with the CA BRN same day in Sacramento, and walk out with an interim license while your paperwork goes through. The Oregon BRN does not issue temporary licenses.
Does anyone have any experience walking into the BRN in Sacramento and getting an interim license? I've tried to get through to them on the phone, but it's pretty much impossible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
- Apr 13, '11 by willcobra99I didn't go in person to Sacramento but I have been waiting for the CA endorsement going on 5 weeks now. Good Luck to you.
- Apr 15, '11 by NurseCubanitaRN2bThey must be back logged with endorsement applications along with new applicants. There are fewer workers and more paperwork to deal with. Sad situation in CA altogether.
- Apr 15, '11 by liatardUpdate: I finally actually got through to the BRN and got my question answered. Provided that you have completed all of your endorsement application paperwork, completed the Live Scan procedure, and registered on Nursys, you can get a same day endorsement. Also, you can submit the application before all of your materials are in order, and it is valid for 2 years.
Hope that helps someone. If I get any more information when I actually go through with the process, I will let you know.
- May 9, '11 by denicuI am confused. I was told there are no same day endorsement anymore because they have to wait on the livescan results which usu takes 2-3 wks before they issue a license. It is recommended you get the livescan if possible instead of fingerprints, it is much faster to get your license.