RECIPROCITY Nevada to CaliforniaRegister Today!
- by californiaboy Feb 4Hey guys! Do you have any idea how long will it take if i file for reciprocity of my RN license from the state of nevada to california? I'm still taking the NCLEX RN this march and i'm just being positive that i will pass the exam. Can anyone tell me the waiting time for the RECIPROCITY?
- Feb 4 by Esme12Why don't you just test for California? Even if you pass in one state that doesn't mean you will automatically be able to apply to California. You will still have to be able to fulfill their qualifying requirements.
- Feb 5 by californiaboyQuote from Esme12My whole family is in nevada and i already submitted all the requirements there but i changed my mind and wanted to work here in cali instead.Why don't you just test for California? Even if you pass in one state that doesn't mean you will automatically be able to apply to California. You will still have to be able to fulfill their qualifying requirements.
- Feb 6 by Esme12moved to california nursing for best response
- Feb 6 by MeriwhenGetting a CA license takes a few weeks because you have to submit a set of fingerprints as well as your transcripts to the CA BRN for review.
It won't matter that you have another state nursing license--ANYONE applying for endorsement has to do this. The CA BRN is pretty strict about its educational requirements, and having a NV license doesn't automatically guarantee that CA will endorse you in.
As soon as you get your NV license, go online at the CA BRN website and start the endorsement process. Get your license verified via NURSYS. Contact your school(s) ASAP and have them send a transcript copy to the BRN--you can find the form you need on the CA BRN website. And get the fingerprint card done and mailed in...or if you are close enough to CA (or NV offers it), do the fingerprints via LIVESCAN.
Board of Registered Nursing - Licensure by Endorsement - General info
Board of Registered Nursing - Fingerprint Information - Fingerprints 101